[Amel Yacht Owners] Onan 6.5 kilowatt raw water pump rebuild

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Do you have pump 132-0459 old# 132-0358 and rebuild kit 0541-1520/old#
0132-0380?

You might want to consider this because the normal price is over $400 for
that pump:
[image: Inline image 1]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sherwood-Pump-G702-PUMP-ONAN-132-0358-/181829717172?hash=item2a55e54cb4&vxp=mtr

I have the above pump and a spare pump. I also have the rebuild kit, but
have never rebuilt the pump. I believe the kit includes a bearing, a
mechanical seal and a few other pieces.
I think that there is a circlip[image: Inline image 2] that has to be
removed to take things apart.

Bill
BeBe 387
Currently Gibraltar

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 3:52 AM, william_maffei@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners]
<amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Anyone have the rebuild instructions for a Onan 6.5 model MDKD? I have
ordered the rebuild kit and there is no re-assembly instructions to go
along with it. The old parts were in such bad shape that it is hard to tell
the order that they came out in to replace with the new parts. The
schematic that I have on hand is not clear and none of the parts look
familiar. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill M

SM #195

It's all Good

william_maffei@...

The pump I have is part 123-0277, the "overhaul" kit was part 0132-0281. included are some pictures (Check photos). The problem is the schematic I have (provided by onan) which is the worst representation of what I have pulled out. I know I have read some things about replacement pumps made by various aftermarket distributors. Can anyone chime in on this? Might be forced to rebuild and order the $600.00 replacement form Onan.

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Bill,

Check your pump number again. I think it is 0132-0277.

If so, a google search shows that pump available for $368 and the 0132-0281 repair kit available for $204: http://www.dieselpartusa.com/onanpartslist.php?start=17681&PHPSESSID=0567fee111982260e70c4f0e38afee5a

There may be other sources...I just checked the first one.

Bill
BeBe

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 2:31 PM, william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The pump I have is part 123-0277, the "overhaul" kit was part 0132-0281. included are some pictures (Check photos). The problem is the schematic I have (provided by onan) which is the worst representation of what I have pulled out. I know I have read some things about replacement pumps made by various aftermarket distributors. Can anyone chime in on this? Might be forced to rebuild and order the $600.00 replacement form Onan.

william_maffei@...

Yes, you are correct, I made a typo. The water pump I need is 0132-0277. The part prices are out of date on the website. Current prices are 429.69 for the pump. Pump will be overnight-ed and the current rebuild kit I have will be used on the old pump if I can figure it out or as spare parts.

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Bill,

Good for you.

I am glad it worked out...funny how that NOS increases in value as it sits on a shelf.

Bill
BeBe 387