[Amel Yacht Owners] fresh water lines

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

John,

I cannot be much help because I have never done any water line plumbing on an Amel. On SM 387, there is a pair of copper water lines that are behind the back cushion on the dining table seating. If you are facing the dining table, remove the back cushion on the right side...you should see the lines that go to the shower control. Do you have a freezer under that seat cushion? Or, is it an open compartment?

On SM 387, the seats and backs are secured by Velcro and the seat plywood panel under the cushion and over the A/C is removable.

The water is going to migrate to all of the floor compartments in the saloon area and because your boat has watertight bulkheads, you are going to have to open all of these compartments between the engine room bulkhead and the bulkhead on the aft side of the forward head. You will need a pump to pump out the water and probably a wet/vac to complete the drying out.

I wish I could help you more, but that exhausted what I can tell you.

Best,

Bill
BeBe 387
Currently Gibraltar

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:07 AM, jsrogers@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Last winter was the first time for me leaving the boat on the hard.  Evidently the fresh water line running between the pressure pump and the forward head has bursts or has a broken fitting. I see water flowing from under the forward, port corner of the salon settee toward the AC unit!  It also seems that I must access this cavity by removing the back of the settee or the seat. Does any know which would be the best or easiest approach to access the water lines in this area?

John Rogers
SM #105
Its Good
Deltaville, VA

jsrogers@...

Thank you Bill for your immediate response, which suggested to me that I am most likely looking for the where the hose connects to the copper line going to the aft shower as the source of the leak.  The forward bench of the salon table contains the AC unit whereas the aft bench has a freezer.  The corner plywood seat is screwed down but I will attempt to remove it as see what's there later today. Thanks again for your help all the way from Gibraltar!

John,
SM#105 It's Good

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

OK, John.

I have not been on board a SM as early as yours...things changed through the model years. Facing the dining table the A/C is under the left rear corner seat. And since we have the 2 freezer option, we have a freezer under each side outside seat cushions.

Good luck, but look for water in every compartment between the bulkhead on the aft side of the forward head to the bulkhead for the engine room...open up everything.

You might try a trick I used once to find a hidden leak. Disconnect the output line of the water pump and shoot some compressed air (not too much pressure) into the line while someone with good ears listens for escaping air in the salon area. There will initially be some water escaping because there will be water in the line.

Bill
BeBe 387
Gibraltar for 2 weeks, then Canary Islands

Bill

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 3:42 PM, jsrogers@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thank you Bill for your immediate response, which suggested to me that I am most likely looking for the where the hose connects to the copper line going to the aft shower as the source of the leak.  The forward bench of the salon table contains the AC unit whereas the aft bench has a freezer.  The corner plywood seat is screwed down but I will attempt to remove it as see what's there later today. Thanks again for your help all the way from Gibraltar!

John,
SM#105 It's Good

Eric Freedman