Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Red line edition

Flavia Pozzolini

The red line edition refers to the last production for super maramu, namely 2003,2004 and few 2005 boats. It has some more implementations when compared with the 2000 edition. For istance the corian in the kitchen. The electronics etc.
However the major differences you have to look for are the type of watermaker and the presence of the comfort pack.

Fair wind

Andrew
Schiccherona SM 441

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 04 ott 2015, alle ore 13:55, evastaffanpersson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

I am not familiar with yahoo groups, so I am not quite sure how to find answers. I am sorry if this has been asked before.

We are in the process of buying a SM, and would like to know the differences between "red line edition" and "regular". I did not find the info on the Amel website, but please direct me to where I can find this info. Or if you could be so kind and tell me the main differences.

Thanks very much!
Eva & Staffan

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Actually, Corian, the Comfort Pack and the 160 liter water maker were available before Red-Line, and are in SM BeBe #387, which is a 2003 model.

The Furuno systems had moved to Navnet about the time of the Red Line, but Navnet wasn't necessarily added because of Red Line. I think that there are very little differences in the 2003 SM and Red line, other than the color of the rub rail, boot stripe and leather trim. The 2003 did not have Furuno Navnet because it really wasn't available at the time.

Bill
BeBe, 387

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Schiccherona schiccherona@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

seafeverofcuan@...

Andrew,
           My understanding is that Corian was an option,not part of the comfort pack which as you have mentioned focused mainly on the water maker,twin Racor filters, larger water maker,electric heads,larger cooker,electric fans,etc. I also thought that originally the Yanmar 100hp was part of the comfort pack?
It does seem that towards the end of the production of Super Maramus there was a certain amount of cross over with fixtures.
Joel or Olivier would know for sure.

Regards,

Trevor
Seafever of Cuan
SM 425 Redline 2004
Mexico

FOR SALE

svperegrinus@yahoo.com

The corian, the Comfort Pack, the 160 ltr/hr watermaker and a Furuno "NavNet" chartplotter/radar unit were delivered on SM2K No. 350, a 2002 model.

Other than the color, I speculate the difference between SM2K No. 350 and a Red Line is a hand-hold rail in red-leather covered steel somewhere in the dining area: either on the table, or screwed to the ceiling.

A feature surprisingly not found on all SM2K built after # 350 but present on Nr. 350 is the 7 convenience lights, one in each of the nearly oval cubbyholes (2 aft, 1 aft passage, 2 salon, 2 fwd).

N. 350 had no diesel heater installed at the factory, but all the air conduits were installed for the fresh ventilation system, making aftermarket installation a drop-in affair.  N. 350 also had no factory dive tank compressor.

Would be interesting to know if No. 350 is missing any other components.

Peregrinus
Vilanova de Arousa, Spain

Alan Leslie

They seem to vary a lot.
Elyse is a 2004 Redline with 100hp Yanmar, 13 batteries, but only 60l/hr watermaker and no lights in cubby holes or the red lights recently discussed, nor the handhold....but we do have a dive compressor.
So the "standard" boat is not so standard after all !
Alan
Elyse SM437

Nat Bossett

You're welcome to try the wireless one with the iPad... want to take the
one I know works to Mexico though.

You could just have the other one.

Anyway, turns out that I'm at Wally's tomorrow night for pool.

Happy to play a few games there this evening and buy you a couple of
beers if you like. Don't want to bun more than an hour and a half though.

-Nathan

On Sun, Oct 04, 2015 at 06:31:47PM -0700, divanz620@yahoo.fr [amelyachtowners] wrote:
They seem to vary a lot. Elyse is a 2004 Redline with 100hp Yanmar, 13 batteries, but only 60l/hr watermaker and no lights in cubby holes or the red lights recently discussed, nor the handhold....but we do have a dive compressor.
So the "standard" boat is not so standard after all !
Alan
Elyse SM437

Nat Bossett

So sorry, mis-reply.

On Sun, Oct 04, 2015 at 06:50:07PM -0700, Nathan Bossett nbossett@pierb.com [amelyachtowners] wrote:
You're welcome to try the wireless one with the iPad... want to take the
one I know works to Mexico though.

You could just have the other one.

Anyway, turns out that I'm at Wally's tomorrow night for pool.

Happy to play a few games there this evening and buy you a couple of
beers if you like. Don't want to bun more than an hour and a half though.

-Nathan

On Sun, Oct 04, 2015 at 06:31:47PM -0700, divanz620@yahoo.fr [amelyachtowners] wrote:
They seem to vary a lot. Elyse is a 2004 Redline with 100hp Yanmar, 13 batteries, but only 60l/hr watermaker and no lights in cubby holes or the red lights recently discussed, nor the handhold....but we do have a dive compressor.
So the "standard" boat is not so standard after all !
Alan
Elyse SM437

------------------------------------
Posted by: Nathan Bossett <nbossett@pierb.com>
------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

eric freedman

The comfort package definitely had the bigger yanmar, 12 batteries in the main bank, a triple anchor roller , and a triple light over the salon table.

That is all I can remember in adition to the things previously mentioned. I also believe some Red Lines came with all Raymarine instruments, chartplotter and radar. I had a heck of a battle with Pouchon to get all Raymarine and the latest Autopilot course computer it was the model 400 then name changed to S1g, they had a stock of the older black model which did not have a built in gyro.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

           My understanding is that Corian was an option,not part of the comfort pack which as you have mentioned focused mainly on the water maker,twin Racor filters, larger water maker,electric heads,larger cooker,electric fans,etc. I also thought that originally the Yanmar 100hp was part of the comfort pack?

It does seem that towards the end of the production of Super Maramus there was a certain amount of cross over with fixtures.

Joel or Olivier would know for sure.

Regards,

Trevor

Seafever of Cuan

SM 425 Redline 2004

Mexico

FOR SALE

eric freedman

The red lights, the choice of watermakers and handhold were separate options