Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Inverter for Microwave/Outlets

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

Wolfgang, the more I look at my installation options in the nav station locker I am sure Ofer replaced the 800W inverter. I think Amel would have just installed the 2500W inverter and run bigger DC wire as an upgrade. I can see no reason to have 2 inverters in the boat, and there is just no room for both anyway, unless you install the big one in the engine room. As it is, I have to move the existing equipment in the locker a bit just to accommodate the larger unit.
Thanks for the tip.
Jamie Wendell
s/v Phantom Amel 54

On Monday, November 23, 2015 11:24 AM, "Wolfgang Weber webercardio@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Hi Ofer,
Did you replace your 800 Watt Inverter with the 2500 Watt inverter or did you add it with new and bigger cable to the batteries ?
I was thinking to replace the 40 A charger to the combi charger/inverter Mastervolt Ultra combi 3500 Watt /100 A which includes a Solar charger. By the way I need bigger DC powercable to the batteries .
Wolfgang Weber SY ELISE Amel 54 # 162

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Craig Scott

Jamie,
The 2500 watt inverter on Lone Star (now Last Tango) is on the port side in the engine room facing forward.  When you look over the generator you see that inverter and then the 40amp and 100 amp chargers.

Another smaller inverter for powering the televisions is under the nav station.

Craig

On Monday, November 23, 2015 11:24 AM, "Wolfgang Weber webercardio@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Ofer,
Did you replace your 800 Watt Inverter with the 2500 Watt inverter or did you add it with new and bigger cable to the batteries ?
I was thinking to replace the 40 A charger to the combi charger/inverter Mastervolt Ultra combi 3500 Watt /100 A which includes a Solar charger. By the way I need bigger DC powercable to the batteries .
Wolfgang Weber SY ELISE Amel 54 # 162

Von meinem iPad gesendet

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

Good to hear from you Craig. I know yours is a factory install and I always thought the arrangement you describe was the way Amel would have installed it. Trying to get a big inverter under the nav table is nigh impossible - let alone both of them.
Hope you are doing well and thanks for the info.
By the way, what size was your shore power circuit breaker in the lazarette? Do you remember?
Maybe Jeff can check on Last Tango.
Thanks,
Jamie
s/v Phantom Amel 54

[...]