[Amel Yacht Owners] aft lazarette hull plug

Andrew & Kate Lamb

One our SM the plug is just behind the bulkhead on the starboard side in the lazarette in the well where the outboard propeller tends to sit when it is in the lazarette – it is just above the waterline and allows drainage of the lazarette. The plug had a plastic vertical fin to hold to turn, but we found this twisted off and so we fixed a piece of wood screwed from above to give a better hold of the plug. I think someone mentioned in a previous post they found that water came in from around the bolts holding the bumper on when under way and so they re-seating the bumper with sealant which cured the problem.

Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472

Canet en Roussillion, France