[Amel Yacht Owners] LOW ENGINE RPMS ON YANMAR 75

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

The most common low rpm cause with an AutoProp is a dirty/fouled AutoProp.

It does not take much fouling to cause the blade(s) on an AutoProp to dig too deeply in the water causing low RPMSs. When was the last time you or someone else dove and inspected the prop.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 4:09 PM, joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I bought my SM in Feb 2015  and there are still many systems I need to better understand.  Most perplexing is I have seen declining engine RPMs since original survey.  Originally boat produced about 3100 RPMs (Yanmar manual says 3600/3800 tops - but I do know Autoprop may limit that number)  but has since declined to 1800.  Not sure why as engine seems to run fine - easy start, no smoke, no roughness at any RPM.  Racor and engine filters are new.  Manual shut off valve in passageway  is wide open (it actually will not shut off motor... but that's another issue).   I do have an Autoprop which was serviced well over a year ago - but not sure - by previous owner. Only other engine oddity as it runs very cold - never over 130F.   Boat has been in the water now for a little over a year with not much motor use.  Any and all suggestions would be welcome.

Ben Driver

SM #347

La Bella Vita

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

Bill,
It's been six months since anyone looked at bottom .. I'm doing so today.  I did find that prop fittings have not been greased in two years

Ben Driver
San 347
La Bella Vita