[Amel Yacht Owners] Front opening refridgerator

Eric Freedman

I do not know if your reefer is mounted like mine. However Bill posted instructions as to how to remove it.

I will recap from memory to the right of the refrigerator under the sink there is an Amel black knob.- Remove it.

If you reach under the floorboard in front of the refrigerator  (from the bilge) you will find a black knob holding the floorboard in place . remove it and the floorboard.

Under the refrigerator there is a face panel fastened with a few screws. Remove the face panel. The refrigerator should then be loose. You might have to remove the front door to completely remove the reefer.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 3:38 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Front opening refridgerator

Hello!

I have two questions:

- I like to remove the front opening refrigerator on our SM#259 from 1999 to clean out behind it and clean around the compressor, but I can't find whats securing it, doe's anyone know how to pull it out?

- I think of changing the compressor to a water cooled unit and also the evaporator to save energy and reduce the sound from the fan, does it make sense to do that? I hesitate to buy the new units with drawer as they are very expensive.

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259