[Amel Yacht Owners] Changes to Yahoo

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Gang,

Consensus in a group is like the definition of a committee..

8 arms, 8 legs, 4 a******* and no brain.  Not being a techie (software) I will gladly offer my support to those who graciously offer to bring better order to our invaluable Amel knowledge database.

My only suggestion is to have a very high level of security; I cook often and regularly visited an online web cookery site only to find that some “***((%$£^” had bombed it deleting about 100000 recipes with photos.  I hope they had fun doing it… but what a shame!

Cheers from sunny Marina di Ragusa,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, Amel Super Maramu 007

On 7 Dec 2015, at 09:42, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Gary,

Some of the most valuable information is in the photos and files. Messages are just messages and unfortunately there is a certain amount of messages filled with incorrect information...the bow thruster breaker discussion is a recent example (THERE IS NO BREAKER AND FOR GOOD REASON).

I would not suggest going forward without including the files and the photos. The files section is in reasonable order. About half of the photos section is in some sort of order, with the other half being poorly labeled and not grouped in logical folders.

If this project were to go forward, I would volunteer time after we arrive in the Caribbean next year. This has been discussed at least twice before and we never got a consensus. I think in a group like this, you'll never get a consensus.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Gary Wells gary@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I do have web space available and can carve out a standard level PHP forum which would have the features we have been missing.
What I don't know is if the commonly available platforms will import from Yahoo.
If it's something that the majority wants I'd be willing to invest time to get it started then seek a couple of folks to help moderate and administer it.
Have to wait till after Christmas tho :)

Gary W.
SM 209
S/V Adagio

From my DL750 Digicel