To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: current cost of ACMO rigging for Super Maramu

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Ian, last time I was at Emek, they had new inventory from ACMO for a Super Maramu.

I do not know the price, or whether they still have it, but it might be worth getting in touch with them...I think that they are a distributor for ACMO. I am fairly sure that EMEK subcontracts rigging work, just as Amel does at both yards. I do not know anyone that has had rigging work done at Emek.

Bill
BeBe #387
Tenerife Canary Islands

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,
                   I am interested to see that you are in Fethiye. Are you at the Emek yard and if so are you looking to have them rerig you ? Do you know of anyone else who has been rerigged there and if so what there experience was ? We have that in mind for next year, though we are watching the Turkish political situation carefully. My guess is that Fethiye is too far east to be involved with the refugee problems, but it would be interesting to hear from the front line,as it were.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

Bill,    Thanks. We are looking closely at whether to cruise Turkey next year, though conscious of  an old John Wayne line about why put yourself in a place of danger, so we will see how the refugee and Daesh story unfolds. It does seem that a lot of boats have already pulled out in the last few months, which could make Turkey the bargain of the E Med.
 We are safely tucked up ashore but the Ionian could become a rather crowded sea next year.
 In the meantime, if anyone has a good story about where to re-rig, using ACMO gear, in Turkey or Greece, it would be good to know.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM302, Preveza

To: amelyachtowners@...

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

Mark Pitt

Hi Ian and Judy,

Early in April 2016, Ogemar Spars and Rigging Solutions will re-rig Sabbatical III using ACMO rigging. I am having it done in my marina in Kas, and must pay travel and living expenses for the riggers plus a fee to the marina, but this extra cost will be less expensive than 3 nights at Netsel Marina in Marmaris. Ogemar rigging is the same outfit as QSails. Qsails is making me a set of radially cut sails from Hydranet this winter, as they did for BeBe a couple of years ago. They to have a lot of experience as riggers -- they sent me a list of recent re-rigs with photos and descriptions. They did a Super Maramu last year. They are arranging the import of the ACMO pre-swaged rig (after I first got a quote from Slyvie at ACMO), and the taxes to be paid on this import are much less than I was expecting.

One of the Turkish rigging companies I contacted when I was exploring a re-rig was M2 Rigging. They told me that they had re-rigged Amel yachts in Gocek on contract for Emek. I received an email from Emek just a few days ago saying that they had ACMO hardware in-stock.

At the end of April 2016 I will post my experience with Ogemar as riggers and Qsails as sail makers. BeBe was very happy with their new sails. You can contact Ogemar rigging by emailing Emrah Oge at: info "at" qsails "dot" com.

Mark Pitt
Sabbatical III, ASM #419, Kas, Turkey

To: amelyachtowners@...

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the 7500 include VAT? If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

Mark Pitt

Hi Bob,

   There is no VAT to be paid.  Just €530 for air freight and  €350 for customs clearance.

  Mark

On 12/11/2015 4:30 AM, rossidesigngroup@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:
Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mark,

I think Tahsin Oge is a very good guy with lots of experience. We are very happy with our sails from him. I heard that he is supplying sails to Emek Marine for Amels. I hope all goes well. You should get Tahsin in touch with Olivier regarding the final tuning...I would...those two should know one another. It could be good for both of them.

Bill
BeBe 387

To: amelyachtowners@...

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

Mark Pitt

Bill,

   That is an excellent suggestion.  Thanks.

  Mark
  Sabbatical III

To: amelyachtowners@...

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

rossirossix4

Hi,  Let me respond back to both Ian and Bill.  I am intrigued by the ACMO re-rig option. In all due respect to competent riggers who are out there, in my mind there is a considerable advantage to factory quality original replacements, already measured and swaged rigging, turnbuckles, etc.  With that, the re-rigging process is substantially reduced and the product has a proven track record.  I have not checked in with Emek Marine in Gocek which is about 10 miles north of us but Suzanne and I did stop by (after hours) as we returned from the Christmas fair in Koycegez to locate the shop and check out Gocek.  We will contact them regarding ACMO. We're not necessarily due for a re-rig at 11  years but we'd like to check out the option.  Ian, regarding refugees, we kind of went through some in Greek Islands.  Started in Astypalea where a group had been dropped off in Vathos, then in Nisiros a group had been dropped in a remote part of that island and were very hard to discover and then to rescue.  The Coast Guard in Nisiros warned us to keep a watch if we sailed at night to avoid running over anyone.  Then, sailing between Nisiros and Symi we received a VHF report of 12 individuals in the water without a good report of their exact position, and no one we could spot.  In Symi (closest to Turkey) we were told that they had had 6200 in the past year.  As we checked out of Greece in Symi there was a group of about 20 refugees in the court yard of the Coast Guard office where we turned in our transit log leaving Greece.  After checking into Datca in Turkey, we later spent a couple nights in the very remote bay of Bozuk Buku, not reachable by road.  There we explored a bit by foot and saw good sized staging areas where group(s) had camped waiting to cross to Greece.  A bit creepy at night as we were tied to a dock there--visited by a fishing boat that picked up a goatherder and then a bit of a scare the second night at 2 am when a Ukrainian sailboat docked near us.
Bob and Suzanne, KAIMI SM 429

islandpearl2_sm2k332

Bill & Ian
Yes Riza does sell ACMO rigging. We purchased a complete set from him recently and had it air freighted to Australia along with a set of his davits. Everything arrived perfectly to spec and it has been easy for a local rigger install it for us. With all but the forestay and triac already fitted we have not had any problems replacing the rigging so far at all and absolutely every bit is new. Price was a little higher than the other quotes I've seen on this forum, plus we had to pay airfreight and import duty into Australia unfortunately, however with the Indian, two Atlantic crossings and the Pacific in front of us the investment provided good peace of mind rather than having it made up locally.
Colin & Lauren Streeter
Island Pearl II, Amel 53
Brisbane, Australia

To: amelyachtowners@...

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

Alan Leslie

Hi Colin,

Can you tell us what the cost was for the rigging ???

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Bill, Mark, Alain, Bob & Suzanne, Colin & Laura,

 Thanks for all your comments. Really useful and encouraging.

 I look forward to hearing of Sabbatical's experience next spring.

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

islandpearl2_sm2k332

Alan

Herewith below was Riza's price to us which he had discounted below his normal price as we purchased the Davits and a lot of other items at the same time, and in the same shipment.

Freight was around $800 euro extra, I think, then Import duty and GST added to that when it arrived at customs here in Australia. Probably a fair bit more expensive than having a local rigger make it up here but as I said before, good peace of mind and everything fitted like a glove making it easy for any rigger to install as Riza's measurements were precise and every bit to replace the lot was included and easy to work out what went where. Just the main mast front stay to go now and the triatic (which included HF isolators too by the way) which will be done this week.

1-      Complete set of Rigging of Supermaramu incl.Isolator -------- 7800 EUR.

 German wires , certificated. All turnbackles on deck and on mast .

Colin Streeter

Island Pearl II, Amel 53 #332

Brisbane, Australia

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 8:30 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Colin,

Can you tell us what the cost was for the rigging ???

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

Hi All,

                      Thought you might be interested to hear of some quotes that I got from Emek on re rigging. They tell me that they use ACMO, have rerigged 22 Amels to date ( I guess through their subcontractor) and quote 8,000 Euros for the rigging and its  installation.

 Also, to replace the main outhaul gearbox they quote 660 Euros plus 120 Euros labour.

 These seem to me to be reasonably competitive prices.

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

Mark Pitt

Hi Ian and Judy,

Emek swages German wire to ACMO connectors and uses ACMO turnbuckles. In contract, if one orders the rigging from ACMO directly, my understanding is that they swage the wires at their factory and then send you the pre-swaged wires and all the other hardware. Still that is a good price from Emek as I was quoted 9000 euros by Emek last April.

Mark Pitt
Sabbatical III, ASM #419

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the 7500 include VAT? If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

Mark,  That's interesting. I would sooner have the full ACMO.   I wonder if the price reflects the lower value of the Lira and maybe the fact the yachts are staring to leave Turkey, as may be the case from what I have been reading about the noticeable  absence of liveaboards in Marmaris this winter ?

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

Mark Pitt

Hi Ian and Judy,

I do not know about the number of liveaboards in Marmaris, but in the Kas Marina where Sabbatical III spends the winter, there are as many as 40-50 % fewer boats on the hardstand than last year at the time that I left on 18 Nov. The weather was great so perhaps some boats deferred their haul-outs.

Mark Pitt
Sabbatical III, ASM #419

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the 7500 include VAT? If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

karkauai

I can tell you that's a great price.  I paid twice that in the USA 4+ years ago.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 02:30:13 -0800

Hi Mark,
Does the €7500 include VAT?  If it is shipped to you in Turkey is their an import duty there as well?

Bob SV KAIMI 429 Fethiye, Turkey

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

Paul Osterberg

I get a quote from UK sails in Marmaris 6000 € winter price else 6750 €
with German wire and UK terminals
final tuning and sea trial not included

Tecklenborg stainless steel wire : http://www.tecklenborg-kegel.com
Hi-Mod swage rigging terminals: http://www.petersen-stainless.co.uk
Have very little experience in re rigging but as we plan a circumnavigation a new standing rigging feels as a good security
Any one have any Experience of UK sails i Marmaris and knew anything about the suppliers, or any other advice when changing the standing rigg

the price from CARAIBE MARINE which Amel Caribbean work with was 9193 € unclear if tuning is included yet unfortunately the quote is in French

Paul
S/Y Kerpa SM #259 currently wintering in Finike Tureky

yahoogroups@...

Paul,

Haven't you seen Sabattical's quotes from QSails in Turkey?

If I were you I would ask Tashin OGE for a quote. Qsails"at"qsails.com

Bill
BeBe 387