To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 15:56:22 -0800
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rocna 40 kg anchor on SM with dual bow rollers

Has anyone successfully installed a Rocna 40 on a SM with dual bow rollers?  I'm looking at a 33 or 40 kg Rocna for our boat

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Everyone should be aware that not all Super Maramus have the same bow roller.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Paul LaFrance pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ben
We have a Rocna 40 KG and it fits perfectly. We have 3 rollers and it fits on the starboard side. When mooring we lift the Rocna onto the deck so it does not chafe or get caught on the mooring line. We love our Rocna and have had it for 7 years.

Paul & Sue LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM #362
Currently in Trinidad

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 15:56:22 -0800

Has anyone successfully installed a Rocna 40 on a SM with dual bow rollers?  I'm looking at a 33 or 40 kg Rocna for our boat

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

VLADIMIR SONSEV

I plan to replce CQR anchor on my boat to Rocna. I wonder if some one is using 33 kg Rocna on Super-Maramu 2000.

VLADIMIR SONSEV
S/V Life is Good
SM 345

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 15:56:22 -0800

Has anyone successfully installed a Rocna 40 on a SM with dual bow rollers?  I'm looking at a 33 or 40 kg Rocna for our boat

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

I just installed - today - a Rocna 40.  It fits in my dual bow roller setup.  I considered the smaller 33.  It fits as well.  As Bill mentioned, not all SM bow rollers are the same so be cautious.  I was lucky to be in Nanny Cay Marina on Tortola.  Budget Marine allowed me to take the 40 to the boat to make sure it fit before I had to commit to buy.  My fallback if 40 was too big would have been 33.

Thanks to all who offered advice and suggestions.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

I plan to replce CQR anchor on my boat to Rocna. I wonder if some one is using 33 kg Rocna Oilers on Super-Maramu 2000.

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 15:56:22 -0800

Has anyone successfully installed a Rocna 40 on a SM with dual bow rollers?  I'm looking at a 33 or 40 kg Rocna for our boat

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

Patrick McAneny

Vladimir, I had a 33kg. on Shenanigans last winter in the Caribbean , anchored every night , never had to set it twice, nor did it drag an inch, also fit the roller well.
Diane has tracked you guys since you left Trinidad , she is a stalker . Good luck with your new boat , big change from your Passport 40. We wish you and Marina a Happy New Year !

Pat & Diane
SM Shenanigans

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 15:56:22 -0800

Has anyone successfully installed a Rocna 40 on a SM with dual bow rollers?  I'm looking at a 33 or 40 kg Rocna for our boat

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Thanks Pat and Diane.
Nice to hear from you. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 15:56:22 -0800

Has anyone successfully installed a Rocna 40 on a SM with dual bow rollers?  I'm looking at a 33 or 40 kg Rocna for our boat

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

Rink De Haan

I have used the rocna 33 for a couple of years in the Mediterranean. I was not very satisfied because in a few occasions with very strong gusts and winds we dragged. This year I replaced it with a rocna 40. Satisfied so far. Both anchors fit but the 40 fits thight on our SM2k. I kept the 33 with a chain fixed to it so I can use it as a tandem anchor in heavy conditions. See Rocna documentation on how to deploy that.

Cheers
Rink de Haan
Amel SM2k #330 Razor's Edge