Topics

Fw: Leroy Somer outhaul motor.

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

  Subject: Leroy Somer outhaul motor.

Has any one replaced the Leroy Somer outhaul electric motor  and if so do you have a source for them. Would appreciate help here.
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

Derick Gates

Danny,

I just purchased a new Leroy Somer gearbox for the out haul from Amel in Le Marin, Martinique.  Amel SAV in La Rochelle told me they had them on back order last December, but Martinique had one, and I was going to be in Martinique anyway in January.

Derick
SM2K#400. Brava
Currently in Martinique

Derick Gates

Danny,

Sorry, I misread your post.  I see you want the electric motor, not the gearbox.  I have no experience with the electric motor.

Derick

william_maffei@...

I have done extensive research on different alternatives when replacing these motors. I have contacted Emerson Industrial Automation out of St. Louis MO, USA and they were able to identify the motors used by Amel and are only able to distribute them in quantity's of 25 or more at a time. Unfortunately, these motors are not cheap to replace from Amel directly and cost 749.50 EUROS not including VAT or shipping. My suggestion would be to find source that rebuilds starter motors and see if a rebuild is possible. If not, unfortunately you may have to contact Amel and bite the bullet on this one.

Kind Regards,

Bill Maffei
SM #195
It's all Good

n33077@...

There is a company in Easton MD that rebuilds electric motors.  I just had my 3 electric furlerer motors rebuilt there at a most reasonable cost.
PASCO
8538 Ocean Gateway
Easton, MD 21601

Ryan Gaultney
410 820 7111

I have a much older electric furling system than most for my Sharki (#163 1988),  I called Amel and they reported they no longer support such a system.  I could find replacement motors but they did not seem as heavy duty as my old ones. I elected to re-build mine $830 total for all 3.

I also ordered new Bonfiglioli worm gears to replace my mast and boom furlers,  VF-44.

At present I have the assemblies at the paint shop getting ready to paint....then re-assemble.

Aras
Sharki #163, 1988