[Amel Yacht Owners] winter marinas in Greece

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

I took the liberty to change the subject line....

An other possibility is in Aghios Nikolaos on northeast coast of Crete. It is a night sail from Rohdes.
A very nice marina where you can choose to have your boat in water or on land. Travel lift to take you out of the water.
The Marina is in the center of the town, and you have about 1 hour transfer to the airport in Heraklion.
If you choose to spend the winter onboard your boat, there is a nice community during the winters, nice walks are arranged every week. Also you have a lot to explore on Crete.

We have been there for two winters and just loved it.

/Annsofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad

11 jan. 2016 kl. 16:56 skrev Siviero Attilio attilio.siviero@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Dear Gerhard,

I reached Rhodes after a long summer cruise from Porto Karras (Halkidiki) to Kastellorizo, my intention was to leave Sisila (Amel Santorin #84) in Leros, but I was not able to reach the Marina, neither one, due to strong Northern winds I had last week of holidays, therefore I left the boat in Rhodes. Mandraki was too crowded and the fact that it is inside the old town made me some issues on security, Rhodes New Marina was available and convenient enough, a bit more than 10€/day for in water winterizing, a bit expensive for the services provided. The problems are that the Marina is actually still a construction site, but security is assured. Services are limited to a toilet, no lifting facilities neither the possibility to leave the boat on the hard. Also, when North winds blow for several days, a huge swell interest the boats, in fact a protection jetty is under construction at the entrance. The solution is to keep the boat some 3-4meters from dock, to be safe. This way the boat is accessible only with the tender. The Marina personnel, anyhow, is conscious of these limitations, and provides great help for safe mooring and custody.
In February or so I will move the boat to the boatyard Nereus (www.nereusboatyard.com mail nereus@...), they have a huge new travellift, even if the yard is extremely crowded, you have to book well in advance. Marina personnel offered to move the boat on my behalf.
In noonsite.com you will find on the new Rhodes Marina similar considerations
hope this helps

Attilio & Maria Siviero
Amel Santorin#84 "Sisila"

Il giorno 10 gen 2016, alle ore 09:05, pepinoamel <no_reply@...> ha scritto:

Hi Attilio

An unrelated question: are you staying in the new marina in Rhodes?  We would like to stay there over winter next year.

Thanks for any info.

Gerhard Hoffmann

Pepino SM381

Evia, Greece

pepinoamel <no_reply@...>

Hi Attilio & Ann-Sofie,

Attilio thanks for the info regarding Rhodes marina.  I'll just wait till they install that breakwater and maybe it's an option then for winter.

Ann-Sofie thanks for the info regarding Agios Nicholaos. We have friends that have stayed there many times and we agree it's a beautiful place with a nice town but it seems to have a problem with a bad surge in strong northerlies.

We have been away for the last ten days and had no access to the internet, hence the late reply.

Many thanks.

Gerhard Hoffmann

SM381 Pepino

Evia, Greece

eljaroellinghoff@...

Hallo Gerd
we stay in Messolonghi Marina ,
We like it . A nice town 10 minute by feet , good restaurants and nice people .
In the Marina are a lot of Amel boats from Euros by 55

Elja
SM 222
Balu

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Yes there is a surge, but in winter time northerly isn't that common. Also if you moore your boat very thouroughly and thight and use big springs it is not a problem. The surge is not life threatning as it can be in other places.

Skickat från min iPad

21 jan. 2016 kl. 12:48 skrev pepinoamel <no_reply@...>:

Hi Attilio & Ann-Sofie,

Attilio thanks for the info regarding Rhodes marina.  I'll just wait till they install that breakwater and maybe it's an option then for winter.

Ann-Sofie thanks for the info regarding Agios Nicholaos. We have friends that have stayed there many times and we agree it's a beautiful place with a nice town but it seems to have a problem with a bad surge in strong northerlies.

We have been away for the last ten days and had no access to the internet, hence the late reply.

Many thanks.

Gerhard Hoffmann

SM381 Pepino

Evia, Greece