[Amel Yacht Owners] Fakir Heater Manual

Patrick McAneny

Bill- I googled the heater name and came up with a website that appears to have a manual on line.  It is not in English. 

Diane
svShenanigans
SM123

-----Original Message-----
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Sat, Jan 9, 2016 10:51 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fakir Heater Manual

Anybody have a copy of the manual they could upload to the forum for the Fakir Hobby S heater? 

Bill Maffei
SM #195 
It's all Good

Stephen Davis

We attempted to get some new knobs directly from the company in Germany. They responded promptly by email in English, but stated our model of heater was no longer supported. When you look online, they seem to have a model of a similar shape and size. I'd send them an email, and see if they can provide a manual in English. 

Steve and Liz
Aloha SM72
St John, USVI

On Jan 11, 2016, at 14:34, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill- I googled the heater name and came up with a website that appears to have a manual on line.  It is not in English. 

Diane
svShenanigans
SM123

-----Original Message-----
From: william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Sat, Jan 9, 2016 10:51 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fakir Heater Manual

Anybody have a copy of the manual they could upload to the forum for the Fakir Hobby S heater? 

Bill Maffei
SM #195 
It's all Good

william_maffei@...

Thank you all for your suggestions! I have contacted Fakir and they are actually working with a company they distribute to in Kansas to see if they can import 2 new units for me. In the mean time does anyone have a source they can share to purchase the new Fakir Hobby S in the US? I have possibly found a happy medium in the meantime. By running all 3 heaters at once in the low setting I have been managing to keep the boat at 64 throughout the boat on the cold nights. I am big into having a backup for everything so finding a replacement heater source would be greatly appreciated. For the record, I ordered an oil filled 220 radiator and it does not perform the way I would like it too. Might be good to maintain an above freezing temperature when away.  Save your money. 

karkauai

I remember reading on this forum that the electric heaters should only be run on the High fan setting.  Is that correct?  If so, your plan to run all 3 on low may not be a good idea.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Jan 15, 2016, at 9:55 AM, william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thank you all for your suggestions! I have contacted Fakir and they are actually working with a company they distribute to in Kansas to see if they can import 2 new units for me. In the mean time does anyone have a source they can share to purchase the new Fakir Hobby S in the US? I have possibly found a happy medium in the meantime. By running all 3 heaters at once in the low setting I have been managing to keep the boat at 64 throughout the boat on the cold nights. I am big into having a backup for everything so finding a replacement heater source would be greatly appreciated. For the record, I ordered an oil filled 220 radiator and it does not perform the way I would like it too. Might be good to maintain an above freezing temperature when away.  Save your money. 

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Kent the run on high heaters are the combo AC/heating units with Ele heat. Those fans MUST run on hi to keep the elements from melting/blowing their internal fuse. 

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing To All
Capt Richard 
RP Yacht Brokerage
Newport RI 
We list sell and service fine yachts including Amel's
Cell 603 767 5330

On Jan 15, 2016, at 10:23, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I remember reading on this forum that the electric heaters should only be run on the High fan setting.  Is that correct?  If so, your plan to run all 3 on low may not be a good idea.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Jan 15, 2016, at 9:55 AM, william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

karkauai

That's what I thought, thanks Richard.
Kent 

On Jan 15, 2016, at 10:30 AM, Richard03801 richard03801@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent the run on high heaters are the combo AC/heating units with Ele heat. Those fans MUST run on hi to keep the elements from melting/blowing their internal fuse. 

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing To All
Capt Richard 
RP Yacht Brokerage
Newport RI 
We list sell and service fine yachts including Amel's
Cell 603 767 5330

On Jan 15, 2016, at 10:23, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent
SM243
Kristy