From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 6:14 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Excite the Leece-Neville 24VDC 175amp Alternator

This is "exciting" news! I do not remember seeing a discussion on this.

I had trouble today getting the Leece-Neville 24VDC 175amp Alternator "excited" and charging. The only thing that worked was to rev the engine to about 2400 RMP...then it would charge and stay excited.

The problem was a burned-out red warning light on the lower left 24VDC panel. It is somehow wired in series with the excite wire to the Leece-Neville 24VDC 175amp Alternator. I am not sure how many SM's have this light, but if you do, the solution to non-excitement is to change the bulb.

Remember to check this bulb before you remove the alternator and take it to a shop.

Bill

BeBe 387