What size of anchor Rockna for Maramu.

JP Mans

Hi

I want to change my anchor.

I’m looking for a Rockna but the size that is recommended on the charts is tremendous big. 33 kg what is about 50cm large for the shovel is about 50 cm large ant the anchor itself is all about 1,06 m long.

Don’t you think it is to big for a maramu (46 feet 14ton).

Does anyone of You have the same anchor and which size.

Thank you for answering.

Regards

Jean-Paul

Ian Park

Hi
I had the same issue. I bought the 25 which seems plenty heavy enough. I got it in the Canaries in June last year and have anchored in Cape Verdes and Caribbean most nights. No problems at all sets well and holds well. Nothing but peace of mind.

Ian 'Ocean Hobo' Santorin 96

JP Mans

HI
To those who answered  me,
Ian, Atman, Ric,  thanks for the information you gave me.

difficult to decide, my mind is not definitively set about Rockna or Spade ?

Thanks to all

Jean-Paul

JP Mans

HI
to those who answered  me,
Ian, Atman, Ric,  thanks for the information you gave me.

difficult to decide, my mind is not definitivly fixed about Rockna or Spade ?

Thanks to all

Jean-Paul

JP Mans

HI
to those who answered  me,
Ian, Atman, Ric,  thanks for the information you gave me.

difficult to decide, my mind is not definitivly fixed about Rockna or Spade ?

Thanks to all

Jean-Paul

Ian Park

I also had a Spade anchor, the 100, but the shank bent slightly. The shank is hollow to keep all the weight in the lead filled tip. I sent photos to Spade asking about a replacement shank but never got a reply. Both anchors work equally well, but obviously I now favour the Rocna. I did check with Rocna about size and they said that the 25 was man enough for the weight of the Santorin.

Ian Ocean Hobo SN96

JP Mans

Thanks to all for those helpful  informations
I made up my mind ans have ordered an Rocna 33 wiche i hope the will bring me in time in Grece.
Best regards to all

davidlambertsen <no_reply@...>

Jean Paul,
When you have this Rocna 33 installed on your bow pulpit, would you please post a photograph and give us your opinion on how well it raises and lowers off the bow?  I have a Maramu, too and may get this anchor sometime.
Merci,

David Lambertsen
s/v Have Fun!
1989 Maramu 258

JP Mans

OK David
But il will be in April, my boat is in Grece and I only will be there at this time.
Friendly
Jean-Paul

JP Mans

Hi David

I send a few photos of my new anchor Rocna 33
As you will see it does not fall that well in the bow.
I'll have to move the roller ± 5 cm forward and put a piece of wood (or ionx) under the bow to avoid movement of the anchor when sailing (Last picture with a polystyrene piece as template).
I'll fix the whole thing when the boat will be in the water.
Friendly

JP Mans

Hi David

I send a few photos of my new anchor Rocna 33
As you will see it does not fall that well in the bow.
I'll have to move the roller ± 5 cm forward and put a piece of wood (or ionx) under the bow to avoid movement of the anchor when sailing (Last picture with a polystyrene piece as template).
I'll fix the whole thing when the boat will be in the water.
Friendly

davidlambertsen <no_reply@...>

Jean Paul,  thank you for posting the photos, that is very useful.  David

davidlambertsen <no_reply@...>

Jean Paul,
Did you complete the installation of the Rocna 33 on your Maramu?  Are you happy with how it works?
Best wishes,
David Lambertsen
sv Have Fun!
1989 Maramu 258