[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Gray Water Bilge Pump Switch

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Alan,

It is not a standard SPST toggle switch. If it were, I would not be asking.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 7:58 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Its just a standard SPST (Single pole Single throw) switch with the toggle extended for the string thingy....shouldn't be hard to find something that will do the job, any electrical shop should have one.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

sailormon <kimberlite@...>

Bill,

I know it is a spst switch as I have shorted out the connectors at times when I clean the bilge.

I believe the only thing that makes it different is that it does not require a lot of force to operate unlike most.

It also has a long plastic arm- look at Cole Hersee.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

It also hasa sp <http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjUhpXKpJzLAhXHWD4KHYRRCdkQjRwIBw&url=http://www.partdeal.com/cole-hersee-spst-on-off-freightliner-toggle-switch-59024-12.html&psig=AFQjCNGZDmufPcCetjsOAJFUzGvMH8gChg&ust=1456811680054283> http://www.partdeal.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1200x1200/4105104eb37814677cb2026494ac36bd/5/9/59024-12.jpgst switches.

It is not a standard SPST toggle switch. If it were, I would not be asking.

Bill

BeBe 387

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 7:58 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Its just a standard SPST (Single pole Single throw) switch with the toggle extended for the string thingy....shouldn't be hard to find something that will do the job, any electrical shop should have one.

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Alan,

You are correct and I was WRONG.

My switch felt much softer probably because of 13 years of constant use. The switch is fairly standard, but a high quality SPST switch rated at 16amps.  The nomenclature on switch that I just bought at Amel Martinique is 631H EN61058-APEM2 T/85/55

I believe this is the exact switch: http://elcodis.com/parts/1828848/631H.html

Bill
BeBe 387
Martinique

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...> wrote:
Alan,

It is not a standard SPST toggle switch. If it were, I would not be asking.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 7:58 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Its just a standard SPST (Single pole Single throw) switch with the toggle extended for the string thingy....shouldn't be hard to find something that will do the job, any electrical shop should have one.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Ian Park

This is the same as the switches for the sail controls.
They are easy to dis-assemble and service. I put a short description on the amel.net site.
I did my sail switches and they work very smoothly again, but I may now tackle the bilge one (with suitable cloths around to prevent loss - best to learn from other's experience!)

Bill, sorry we didn't spot you in Marin. We've moved on to Antigua now.

Best wishes

Ian

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Ian,

The sail control toggle switches are:
OFF-Momentary-ON. Normally Open, spring to off  Single Pole, Single Throw toggle switches. This type of switch is sometimes referred to as a "Reset Switch."

However, they would probably work just fine.

Best,

Bill
BeBe 387

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Ian Park parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

This is the same as the switches for the sail controls.
They are easy to dis-assemble and service. I put a short description on the amel.net site.
I did my sail switches and they work very smoothly again, but I may now tackle the bilge one (with suitable cloths around to prevent loss - best to learn from other's experience!)

Bill, sorry we didn't spot you in Marin. We've moved on to Antigua now.

Best wishes

Ian

Ian Park

Bill
You're correct. I replaced the Genoa switch with a normal two way throw, but it was disconcerting when you released and it didn't switch off! That's when I decided to take the old one apart. But it is the same type of owner serviceable switch.

Ian

Alan Leslie

Thanks for the link Bill,

Cheers