Topics

Safety hatches

Stefano Biffi

Hallo Alexandre, I remember from a previous post you bought safety hatches for your forward cabin, may be from Swiss-tec, are you happy about that? I wonna do the same for my 1999 Super Maramu, what size did you buy?

Stefano
N'Everest SM185
Bocca Di Magra Italy

Paul Osterberg

Stefano
Hello we had Emek Marine in Turkey made them for us, the one for the hatch in the salon and the one in the forward head is "permanent", but we do not expect to evacuate that way anyhow. The two for the after and fore cabin are removable and one can easily shut and opens the hatch without removing them so they are more or less permanent and rather convenient. The reason for us having them is to feel relatively secured when leaving the boat for a while and still be able to have the hatches open and the boat ventilated.
I think it's better to have them locally made than general purpose the complexity and weight will probably be much lower. The cost to have them done in Turkey was around 450 € for all 4 of them

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259