[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Possible New [used really] Amel on the horizon!

Damon Duval

Thank you Peregrinus and John

Very affirming. With some harsh injuries, these boats seem physically forgiving as well.
With all else being equal, stowage/weight would be the advantage on the larger Maramu for passagemaking.

Thank you for your responses.
Food for sought.

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:14 AM, "jjjk12s@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Damon,

Sharkis do have a great use of space. Which model depends on what you want to do and what you can find. As they are old boats now the condition and history is important. I would much rather have a nice Sharki than a poorly kept Maramu. But for carrying capacity, rough weather comfort and long distance sailing I would rather have the bigger one. For economy of maintenance and staying in marinas the smaller one has advantages, especially for just a couple.

The water tight bulkheads are very good. The same clever ideas are there on the different models.

Also, if only Amel were kind enough to still make a smaller boat ......

John, Maramu #91, Popeye

Warren Traill

Hi John. We missed you when we visited Port Douglas the other week. You were out sailing of all things.

Wondering if there is a day this week that we could catch up with you and have a look over Popeye?

Please advise.

Cheers,

Warren and Zetta

0421282481

Sharki#15 Manon2

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:14 AM, "jjjk12s@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Damon,

Sharkis do have a great use of space. Which model depends on what you want to do and what you can find. As they are old boats now the condition and history is important. I would much rather have a nice Sharki than a poorly kept Maramu. But for carrying capacity, rough weather comfort and long distance sailing I would rather have the bigger one. For economy of maintenance and staying in marinas the smaller one has advantages, especially for just a couple.

The water tight bulkheads are very good. The same clever ideas are there on the different models.

Also, if only Amel were kind enough to still make a smaller boat ......

John, Maramu #91, Popeye

jjjk12s@...

Warren and Zetta,

I am at sea on Tuesday but should be around on Wednesday to Friday between 9 and 3. I'm normally coming and going so the office can contact me and best if you give me some notice.

Cheers

John Maramu #91, Popeye

Warren Traill

Thanks John. We will be at your shop on Thursday at 11am.

Look forward to meeting you.