Onan generator

Alan,   Thanks, fuel and oil filters changed 18 hours ago--and regularly every season, so I think I can rule that out.
 Ian

---In amelyachtowners@..., <divanz620@...> wrote :

When did you last change the fuel filter on the ONAN ?
That could be the problem.....
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Alan Leslie

When did you last change the fuel filter on the ONAN ?
That could be the problem.....
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Hi all,
           My 7 KW Onan, reliable for 16 years with about 5,000 hours on it, has developed a fault with ( we think) the speed control. This is the part of the engine which governs the amount of fuel needed to maintain 1500 revs. As more load comes on, more fuel is released.

We noticed the problem when the engine note dipped significantly when more load was added and the exhaust spewed out black globs of half burnt fuel.

However, when the mechanic ( a good one, though not an Onan man ) pulled the speed control off the engine he could find nothing wrong. On reassembly, the Genset worked perfectly for another 10 hours or so but has now gone wrong again.

2 questions :
1 . Has anyone any suggestions as to how to fix this  ?
2  Can anyone recommend a good Onan mechanic based in the Ionian ?

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Greece