[Amel Yacht Owners] Lofrans anchor winch and Genset

Eric Freedman

Hi Ian,

Windlass-You remove the fill cap and use a hand pump to remove the old oil.

The oil is SAE 90-140, .5 liters as per the attached link.

http://www.imtra.com/Collateral/Documents/English-US/Products/Lofrans_Gearbox_Oil_Capacity_Guide.pdf

This is the link for all the details of the windlass.

http://www.imtra.com/36a18088-f66d-44d3-a21f-2bb139f018f3/anchoring-windlasses-detail.htm

Generator-You might have a clogged exhaust elbow that builds back pressure after running or a bit

I just took the exhaust elbow off of my genset just 2 weeks ago.. I had to cut the heads off of 2 of the cap screws to be able to heat the stud to remove the remainder of the cap screws.

When I remove it, the manifold was clogged with very hard carbon and the gasket flange area was eroded.

I sent the manifold out to a machine shop and had it milled down to a nice shiny gasket flange and the also milled the carbon out. I only have about 1400 hours on the genset. It is much better now.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376