[Amel Yacht Owners] Bench Vise

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Duane,

I plan to buy small comercial portable workbench that fits under the comanianway first stair. It is made out of wood and it has good features for working and tool storage. I belive that it is better to work in the cockpit, deck, or dock. The are many limitations for working in the engine well.

On May 31, 2016 4:11 PM, "sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I would appreciate your experience on a good location for a Bench Vise on the SM.  I remember seeing a photo of one mounted in the engine room on the chrome bar forward of the main engine, but I can't find a photo of it.

Thanks,
Duane
SM#477 Wanderer

Duane Siegfri

I agree with you, much rather be in the cockpit enjoying the breeze while trying to "convince" a corroded hunk of metal.  Can you provide a link to the bench you're considering?

Duane

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Duane,

I have seen it on an Amel boat, but I don't remember which one.
It was toolbox with a flat top that can be used for some work. It fits perfectly under the first step of a companionway. It was made from wood and plastic. I am trying to find it. It was commercially available, not custom made. For some work you can place it even on a dining tabe. You can attach small vise to the box.

I agree with you, much rather be in the cockpit enjoying the breeze while trying to "convince" a corroded hunk of metal.  Can you provide a link to the bench you're considering?

Duane

pjn.mccallin@...

Re bench work box you saw it on Caramelle Black and Decker WM450 though I think it is no longer made perhaps you can buy onEBayor similar