Marina for wintering Greece

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello every one;

We are looking to winter somewhere in Greece for the 2016 season, probably from November 2016 to May 2017. We will be cruising the southern Aegean and possibly Crete. We have to haul out so we would need somewhere with reliable lifting capability. Availability of local services and supplies would be a plus. We will not be on board so would prefer to have a local person/company that can look after the boat and periodically turn on the engine, generator and other systems. Therefore we would prefer to be in the water.

I would appreciate recommendations for marinas you have used or have personal knowledge to be safe and reliable to winter in. Also I would like to hear pinions on pros and cons of leaving the boat in the water or on the hard.

Thank you

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi JP and Chantal;

Thanks for the quick reply.. It is nice to hear from you. I hope you are both doing well and enjoying the fruits of your hard labor to get Eluthera in top cruising condition.

As you said, a bit farther than we were considering, but we will definitely look into it. After all, we are all here to sail and a farther location gives us an excuse to sail more.

Hopefully we'll hookup somewhere along the way.

Mohammad  and Aty