[Amel Yacht Owners] Marina for wintering Greece

Rink De Haan

Hello Mohammad and Aty,

It depends on what you need. If you want to winter on or near the boat the options are limited.
In Greece we were satisfied with:
- Lefkada Marina. Good quality and a nice lively town.
- Cleopatra Marina: only on land in winter, but not a nice place to stay.
- Leros Marina: good quality and good facilities for haul out. Nice Island, but not much options and quite desolate in winter.
- Aghios Nikolaos on Crete: nice place to stay. Not that good facilities, but okay for haul out and some basic maintenance. Good connections to rest of Greece and Europe.
In general I would say that experience with Amels in Greece is limited.

As an alternative you could stay in Turkey.

Best regards,

Rink & Marloes
SM2K #330 Razor's Edge
Currently in Pescara - Italy

Hello every one;

We are looking to winter somewhere in Greece for the 2016 season, probably from November 2016 to May 2017. We will be cruising the southern Aegean and possibly Crete. We have to haul out so we would need somewhere with reliable lifting capability. Availability of local services and supplies would be a plus. We will not be on board so would prefer to have a local person/company that can look after the boat and periodically turn on the engine, generator and other systems. Therefore we would prefer to be in the water.

I would appreciate recommendations for marinas you have used or have personal knowledge to be safe and reliable to winter in. Also I would like to hear pinions on pros and cons of leaving the boat in the water or on the hard.

Thank you

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099