Dodger glass thickness

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

Can someone confirm the original specification for SM hard dodger glass.  What is thickness ?  And is it acrylic or polycarbonate ?

Ben Driver

La Bella Vita

SM 347

John S. Rogers <jsrogers@...>

I have measured the dodger glazing  as 10 mm.  This converts to .393701 inches so you might think that a 3/8” US size would work OK.

John S. Rogers

Its Good

Hull #105

eamonn.washington@...

Hi

it is nominally 10mm thick, but actually 9.5mm when I measured it recently.  And  it is made from "Lexan", a polycarbonate.

Last week I asked Amel if they still sold replacement windows, and they replied no.  I am looking into making them myself.

Regards
Eamonn
SM #151 Travel Bug, on the hard in Cleopatra Marina, Greece.

eamonn.washington@...

Hi

it is nominally 10mm thick, but actually 9.5mm when I measured.  It is made from "Lexan", a polycarbonate.

I asked Amel if they still sold windows, but they said no.  I am looking at making new windows myself.  (I will have enough Lexan to make at least a second set.)

Regards
Eamonn

SM #151 Travel Bug, currently on the hard in Cleopatra Marina, Greece