[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Anchor Wash Pump

karkauai

Danki (Papiamento for Thank You), Paul.  I'm going to try using an Oring first.  If that doesn't work, I'll use locktite or something like that.  On this pump both the threaded hose barb and the housing are plastic.  Does locktite work on plastics?
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Jun 22, 2016, at 2:02 PM, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We used Loctite for plumbing after that no leak
Paul on SYKerpa SM 259

Paul Osterberg

Loctite 577 thread sealant was what we used, very expensive, but it works
Paul on S/Y KERPA SM#259

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

We improved Eleuthera by removing the SW pump and connecting directly to the FW network. But... you need a good water maker.

JPG
Eleuthera, SM 007

On 23 Jun 2016, at 02:43, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danki (Papiamento for Thank You), Paul.  I'm going to try using an Oring first.  If that doesn't work, I'll use locktite or something like that.  On this pump both the threaded hose barb and the housing are plastic.  Does locktite work on plastics?
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Jun 22, 2016, at 2:02 PM, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We used Loctite for plumbing after that no leak
Paul on SYKerpa SM 259

karkauai

Hi JP.  I would like to have that setup, but I have two issues:

On Kristy (SM243) the anchor wash pump is supplied with SW from a thru-hull inboard of the forward head (in the "hallway" between the head and hanging locker).  That would mean running a new hose from the FW tank through the bulkhead.

If that's not daunting enough, I have the 60 l/h watermaker, so I don't have enough capacity to justify washing the boat and chain with FW.

Too bad, here in the ABCs...there is constant accumulation of dust from the dry islands and has been a plume of dust from the Sahara adding to the problem since I arrived.  It has only sprinkled a few times in a month which turns the dust to mud.  I've been washing down w SW every few days to keep the cockpit and down below as dirt free as possible.  Even if I had the FW wash down I don't think I'd like to make water in the bay as there are no pump out facilities and I regularly smell black water being dumped.

If my Watermaker dies I will seriously consider replacing it with the duo.
Kent

On Jun 23, 2016, at 7:53 AM, Jean-Pierre Germain jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We improved Eleuthera by removing the SW pump and connecting directly to the FW network. But... you need a good water maker.

JPG
Eleuthera, SM 007

karkauai

Thanks

On Jun 23, 2016, at 7:07 AM, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Loctite 577 thread sealant was what we used, very expensive, but it works

Paul on S/Y KERPA SM#259

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hi Kent,

We have the duo 100 and it is fine. Having lived in Aruba for some years, I agree with the dust comment. However, come December you should get plenty of fresh water. Where are you?

JPG
Eleuthera SM 007

On 23 Jun 2016, at 14:57, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi JP.  I'm at the dock at Curaçao Yacht Club for a few days, then back out in Spanish Water on the anchor.
Kent