Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Battery questions

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Duane,

Yes, definitely, disconnect failed batteries from the bank. You may have to rearrange the battery compartment to get the failed batteries together.

Your battery monitor will not be accurate because, remember it is programmed for total bank amps...you can reprogram it, but if you are going to replace the bank, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are familiar with its programming.

Bill
BeBe 387, but not for long
Trinidad

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:05 AM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Do you think it's necessary (or wise) to disconnect the failed batteries for safety?

I agree that this boat is set up for "wet' batteries.  Is the Freedom style different than the typical marine wet cell battery?

Wishing you and Judy all the best,
Duane