[Amel Yacht Owners] Super Maramu FRIENDSHIP II Hull #415 From San Francisco

Bill Kinney <greatketch@...>

Always sad to see a good boat being killed by neglect!

I have no first hand knowledge, but a bit of googling and a search of the USCG Vessel Documentation database indicates that “Friendship II” is (was?) owned by someone named Robert M. Stewart, and the USCG documentation hasn’t been renewed since 2008. With no current document, I couldn’t find an address.   Looks like he might be from in or around San Jose, CA.

Bill Kinney
SM #160, Harmonie
Highlands, NJ
“Ships and men rot in port."

On Jul 30, 2016, at 13:14, yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I saw a terrible sight today! Located at Coral Cove Marina, Trinidad in the secured hard storage area is FRIENDSHIP II, Super Maramu Red Line Hull #415 with a homeport of San Francisco. It has been on the hard since 2008 and is rotting and molding in place. There is even mold on the spreaders. What once was an all-boat cover is in shreds. According to locals nobody has visited this boat since it was placed on the hard in 2008. I was also told that someone is paying for storage.

Does anyone know anything about this boat. I have photos for the owner or an interested party.

Best,

Bill Rouse

BeBe, 387

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Yes, I saw that and I found his obituary from 2012. Alzheimer's. WWII vet. Enjoyed sailing.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Bill Kinney greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

James Alton

Agreed.

There were 3 people by that name that died in the US in and around 2008-9 according to the list that I found, but none of them lived in CA as their last address.  This still is a plausible explanation, and perhaps some of the family members are keeping the storage up.  Hopefully you can find her a new owner.

Best,
James