Topics

Insurance

Paul Osterberg

Hello!

just found out that our insurance company would not insure our boat for sailing out of Europe as the standing rig is older than 10 years old. I have no time to change now. Has anyone of you any suggestion on good insurance companies for a European boat sailing outside Europe?

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259

Ian Park

We were with Pantaenius but we're not happy with cost of Caribbean only cover ( had to continue paying the European cover as well). Changed to Y Yachts. Half the price and excess for named storms much better too. They have special cover for Oyster Yachts and are now looking to offer same for Amel owners. MD had Maramu fir 10 years.

Ian

'Ocean Hobo' SN 96

Herbert Lackner

hi Ian, good to hear from you. I hope Ocean Hobo is doing well in Grenada. Do you have contact information for your insurer? we are with pantaenius but the rates for the carribean are quite high and even much higher for the pacific (~4% of insured value). greetings to linda,  herbert

seagasm@...

May I suggest you get a rigging survey. We did that as requested by our insurer and is good for another 7-10 years, our rigging was completely replaced in 2008.

Best Regards
Barry & Robyn
Tradewinds III SM 171