Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Exhaust flap

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

Danny, I just replaced mine, as I had to increase my exhaust hose from 75 to 90 mm. You can reach in from the outside and feel it. You should not be able to stick your hands into the actual hose. It is welded into a tube that then fits into a rubber outer hose.

s/v Phantom Amel 54 #044

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 3:33 PM, "simms simms@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all. How do you get to check if the exhaust flap is in place still. Lazy question because I haven't started looking yet but don't want to pull things apart if there is a better way. If it is missing/damaged how to replace?
Regards
Danny
Sm 299
Ocean pearl
Sent from my Vodafone Smart

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Thanks Jamie. The hand in will see if it is there. If not,how to replace?
Thanks
Danny
Sm 299
ocean pearl
Sent from my Vodafone Smart

On Aug 14, 2016 11:26 AM, "James Wendell ms42phantom54@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danny, I just replaced mine, as I had to increase my exhaust hose from 75 to 90 mm. You can reach in from the outside and feel it. You should not be able to stick your hands into the actual hose. It is welded into a tube that then fits into a rubber outer hose.

s/v Phantom Amel 54 #044

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 3:33 PM, "simms simms@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all. How do you get to check if the exhaust flap is in place still. Lazy question because I haven't started looking yet but don't want to pull things apart if there is a better way. If it is missing/damaged how to replace?
Regards
Danny
Sm 299
Ocean pearl
Sent from my Vodafone Smart

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

You have to remove it from inside the boat. You first disconnect the exhaust hose going to it (mine was a 75mm hose - not sure about the SM). Then you remove the flapper from the large-diameter but short length of hose that you will see. The big hose is much larger in diameter than the flapper. It connects to the flapper and then to the thru-hull fitting. It is pretty easy to remove once you remove the exhaust hose. Be careful to ensure the exhaust outlet is not below the water line or you will get a lot of seawater entry. I did mine out of the water.
Jamie

s/v Phantom Amel 54 #044

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 3:33 PM, "simms simms@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Hi all. How do you get to check if the exhaust flap is in place still. Lazy question because I haven't started looking yet but don't want to pull things apart if there is a better way. If it is missing/damaged how to replace?
Regards
Danny
Sm 299
Ocean pearl
Sent from my Vodafone Smart

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Thanks Jamie. Sounds simple, must do it.