[Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Mark Erdos

The electric pump is rated 30 GMP (115 Liters/minute) at a height of 2.5 meters.

Sorry, I do not know the rating of the manual pump – I guess it depends on how fast you can move the lever J

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising:  Tampa Bay for hurricane season

Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:26 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Hello!

Does anyone know the capacity of the AMFA Bilge pump, and the manual bilge pump? One of the insurance companies that we got a quote from , demand combined capacity of minimum 95 l/min. Most pumps capacities are usually rated at no lifting height at all, have not measured the total lifting height yet , but guess more close to 1.5- 2 meter which has a substantial impact on capacity.

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259

svperegrinus@yahoo.com

I was under the impression the original model bilge pump is rated for 30 litres/minute (7.9 gal/minute).

The "lifting head" should be 10 metres and "self priming" should be 2.5 metres.

Cheerio,

Peregrinus
SM2K No. 350
At anchor, Golfo Pevero (Porto Cervo) – Costa Smeralda

---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

The electric pump is rated 30 GMP (115 Liters/minute) at a height of 2.5 meters.

Sorry, I do not know the rating of the manual pump – I guess it depends on how fast you can move the lever J

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Hello!

Does anyone know the capacity of the AMFA Bilge pump, and the manual bilge pump? One of the insurance companies that we got a quote from , demand combined capacity of minimum 95 l/min. Most pumps capacities are usually rated at no lifting height at all, have not measured the total lifting height yet , but guess more close to 1.5- 2 meter which has a substantial impact on capacity.

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259

Paul Osterberg

Thank you Mark,
Does anyone know a suitable bilge pump to carry as a spare, can't find the AMFA any longer, It's rather essential part hence like to have a spare
Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259 currently in Gibraltar

Mark Erdos

Peregrinus

You are correct.  I looked again. I must have messed something up in the Google translation.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Yacht: Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:18 AM
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

I was under the impression the original model bilge pump is rated for 30 litres/minute (7.9 gal/minute).

The "lifting head" should be 10 metres and "self priming" should be 2.5 metres.

Cheerio,

Peregrinus

SM2K No. 350

At anchor, Golfo Pevero (Porto Cervo) – Costa Smeralda

---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Hello!

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259

Mark Erdos

Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 3:26 AM

Thank you Mark,

Does anyone know a suitable bilge pump to carry as a spare, can't find the AMFA any longer, It's rather essential part hence like to have a spare

Mark Pitt

I have the Jabsco 50890-1100 waste pump as a spare.  It is 24v, self priming to 3m, and pumps 19 lpm.  I have not tried it yet.  It is available in the US and Europe.

Mark Pitt, Sabbatical III, ASM #419, Carloforte, Italy

On 8/20/2016 1:07 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Here are two options for replacement pumps:

http://www.reya.com/prod_-POMPE-MARINA-ZZ-24V-1800L-H_Pompes-a-membranes-REYA_000178219832156_206136.html

http://www.vetus-shop.com/waste-waterbilge-pump-24-volt-hose-conn-38mm-p-2387.html

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Yacht: Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 3:26 AM

Thank you Mark,

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

The manual pump is rated at 75 liters/minute.

Paul, I had this issue with Velos Insurance. They wanted a "bilge" pump at a higher rating than either the automatic, or the manual.

I explained to them the watertight compartments and the fact that the total if the two pumps was greater than their "rule."

They ok'd the SUPER MARAMU based on watertight compartments and the standard pumps. And, BTW, I assume that Mark is correct, but I told Velos that each pump was rated at 75 liters.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Aug 19, 2016 6:12 PM, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Hello!

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259

Paul Osterberg

Bill!
I got the demand from Topsail Insurance, but I don't know if they understand that l/h rating is one thing, but reality is an other dependent on lifting height, strainer etc. they wanted the combined capacity to be 95 l/min
Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259

Paul,

I have received quotes from Topsail twice. When I carefully read their policy, I decided not to use them. I have forgotten the specific reasons, and maybe something has changed.

I did notice the 25 gallon/minute requirement and the rigging less than 10 years old. The pump requirement was only that this existed and was working. There was nothing about automatic. The rigging requirement had an exception written in their quote if you presented them with a rigging inspection.

The following are the conditions in my Topsail Quote:
Topsail  Insurance  Yacht  and  Motorboat  Policy  Wording  dated  29/01/2015  –  Version  1  –  Barbican  Norway
***Vessel  marina  berthed  when  unattended  any  period  in  excess  of  24  hours
***Subject  to  a  25  gallon  per  minute  bilge  pump  being  on  board  and  operational
***Subject  to  a  minimum  of  2  experienced  crew  being  onboard,  subject  to  self-steering  gear being  fitted  and  fully  operational  (see Section  8,  Additional  Benefits,  Single-Handed  Sailing)
***Subject  to  the  standing  rigging  not  exceeding  10  years  of  age  unless  supported  by  a  satisfactory  rig  inspection  by  a  qualified  rig surveyor
***Subject  to  the  Vessel  being  below  12  degrees  7  minutes  North  for the  period  1st  June  to  30th  November  both  dates  inclusive  whilst West  of  50  degrees  West

I wondered about the failure of components mentioned above. As example: Would you not be in compliance if the autopilot failed in the middle of the ocean? The agent quoting me did not give me a clear answer.

Hope this helps you.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet

On Aug 20, 2016 11:07 AM, "osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

Bill!

I got the demand from Topsail Insurance, but I don't know if they understand that l/h rating is one thing, but reality is an other dependent on lifting height, strainer etc. they wanted the combined capacity to be 95 l/min
Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259

Paul Osterberg

Thank you Bill!
I have a much better offer from Y Yacht Insurance that looks rather attractive, still some outstanding issues around the fine print
Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259

webercardio <webercardio@...>

If you need a bilge pump for security,  emergency reasons or to qualify for the insurance  look for Honda WX 15 waterpump. Works with fuel and pumps 150 - 1000 liter per minute. If a watertight compartment is flooded you use it from the deck via hatches. 
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel  54 #162

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------
Von: "osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Datum: 20.08.16 18:46 (GMT+01:00)
An: amelyachtowners@...
Betreff: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Thank you Bill!

I have a much better offer from Y Yacht Insurance that looks rather attractive, still some outstanding issues around the fine print
Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259

jsrogers@...

I also need to replace my FEIT Bilge pump.  Is the concensus that it should be replaced with the model AMFA 66B 24v or PVM 0.16 with 26 L/m?   Has anyone used a larger capacity model that fits?

John Rogers
It's Good
SM #105

The AMFA 66B is a fresh water pump.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet

On Aug 25, 2016 8:14 AM, "jsrogers@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I also need to replace my FEIT Bilge pump.  Is the concensus that it should be replaced with the model AMFA 66B 24v or PVM 0.16 with 26 L/m?   Has anyone used a larger capacity model that fits?

John Rogers
It's Good
SM #105