[Amel Yacht Owners] Diesel in Gibraltar

James Studdart

I can't tell you the quality yet... But I would expect the fuel docks to be busy (which is good!).

I called GibOil (+350 200 48232) just half and hour ago for the price:

Up to 100l: 52p
Up to 500l: 46p
Over 500l: 39p

The price seems a little flexible too.

I've not called the other dock yet (I think there is two).

Cheers,
James.

SeaBean SM344
Queensway Quay Marina
Gibraltar, but wind willing in the Canary Islands soon.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM luvkante@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi friends,

I want to re-fuel in Gibraltar.

Now I heard some RUMORS, that Diesel-fuel there us sometimes contaminated.

Any experiences? Price?

Thank you,

Martin

AMEL 54, #149

CHIARA

luvkante

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

We have bought diesel in Gibraltar 6 times, have never had any problem with dirty diesel. They have a very high  rotation of diesel with all super/mega/giga yachts filling up their tanks there.

BUT if you want to fill up your jerry cans, they charge you a higher, taxed, price for those liters. That is thanks to the Spanish which came to Gibraltar, filled their jerry cans and then Went back to Spain and sold it.

Now is a very busy time i Gibraltar so I highly recommend to make a reservation. In Marina Bay/Ocean Village (Same marina with two names, most confusing) they will charge you 28 GBP + electricity and Water/night. They do have a WiFi but it isn’t very good. Better to take an afternoon bear/drink at the boardwalk just above the marina.

I can also recomend you to look for the small indian supermarket and buy Spices. Very good quality and nice prices. Contact me if you will have directions.

There is also two supermarkets. Eroski on the other side of the Airport and Morrison down at Queensbay Marina. Eroski has a very good sortiment and are cheaper than Morrison that has, almost, all groceries flewn in from UK.

Eroski can transport your shopping to the boat, but check with the information desk befor you do the shopping, sometimes theire transport are fully booked, but there is always a solution.

Many of the liquer shops also has a free transport down to the boat. But my recommendation is to compare prices between supermarkets and special shops befor ordering. They do differ. Most of the time it is cheaper to buy at the supermarket.

I do wish you a pleasant stay i Gibraltar. One of our favourite spots.

Oh, and if you stop in Portimao, please come by and say hi. We are at anchore just inside the piers.

Regards

Annsofie

S/Y Lady Annila

SM232, 1998

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

[...]

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Martin,

My experience is the same as others reporting in this thread.

One more thing...since we were crossing the Atlantic, we wanted to also fill Jerry cans. The attendant told me that some British authorities would have a problem with that. He told me that I could fill them if they were on the boat, rather than filling them on the dock. There was a very small assortment of food, booze and drink at the fuel station. Our very last GB Pounds were spent on some things there since we were headed west.

There is so much fuel pumped at the Gibraltar fuel dock, I have a difficult time believing that any was contaminated.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Aug 22, 2016 6:13 AM, "Martin Komischke luvkante@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Ann-Sofie,

Thank you so much for this perfect guidance. Now I know what to do and can act accordingly. Extremly helpful!

In fact it could really happen that I come by and say hello in Portimao! I want to be in Lagos on Sept 24th.

Martin

Peter Buckley <carhartt@...>

Hi to all,

I have a question about the anode on my Mango’s Perkins 4236 engine. There doesn’t  seem to be one on the engine or any piping for the engine cooling system.
There are two anodes on the prop shaft as well as the rudder ones. Is this something that wasn’t required?
I have had a look in the files and can find no reference.
Regards
Peter

Gradiva
Mango #70
Raymond Island
Australia

--
Peter Buckley

83 Twelfth Avenue
Raymond Island VIC 3880

Phone: 0428 427 786

Email: carhartt@...

From: "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 07:05:49 -0500
To: <amelyachtowners@...>
Subject: Re: SV: [Amel Yacht Owners] Diesel in Gibraltar

[...]

Looking forward to an Amel reunion! We will most certain be either in Portimao or in Rio Formosa just outside Faro and Olhao.

/Annsofie S/Y Lady Annila, SM232

Skickat från min iPad

22 aug. 2016 kl. 12:13 skrev Martin Komischke luvkante@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi Ann-Sofie,

Thank you so much for this perfect guidance. Now I know what to do and can act accordingly. Extremly helpful!

In fact it could really happen that I come by and say hello in Portimao! I want to be in Lagos on Sept 24th.

Martin

luvkante

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

I certainly do! You were my first contact with any of my blog readers! Would be very nice to meet again, now when both of us has more milage under the keel 😀
/Annsofie, SM232, S/Y Lady Annila

Skickat från min iPad

23 aug. 2016 kl. 08:17 skrev Martin Komischke luvkante@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Will keep my  eyes open. Are you aware we once met in La Rochelle in 2009 or 2010 when I took over CHIARA? We had a 10 min talk together.

Martin