[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Joker Valve

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

Craig,
This is an excellent article. Funny how conventional wisdom is so wrong.

Ben and Gayle
La Bella Vita
SM #347
6S

On Sep 12, 2016, at 6:36 AM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Here's a link to a great article on joker valves in Practical Sailor.

Joker Valves for Marine Heads - Practical Sailor Print Edition Article
Happy Flushing,
Craig Briggs, SN#68, Sangaris, SanDomingo Creek, MD

Ian Park

Kent
Not the intake hose, the exit hose . It may be switched to empty direct from the toilet or a holding tank

Ian

'Ocean Hobo' SN96

karkauai

Aha!  I don't have that setup...only one discharge hose that goes to the tank.  So your head has no holding tank?  I didn't know that. Does your aft head have a holding tank?

When I'm going to be at anchor for a while, I flush one head good with bleach water while still at sea, and leave the dump valve open...That's my pee head.  The other head stays closed...that's the poop-only head.  I guess that's how you use yours when at anchor?  Anybody have another system for reducing the frequency of dumping the holding tanks?

Kent
SM243
Kristy