Cable in the mizzen mast

Paul Osterberg

Today when drilling a hole for a cable in the mizzrn mast, I discovrred to my horror that it sesms to be an innerlining in the "tube"  where the cables are, the

Lining does not cover the whole surface, just maybe a third of the channel closest to the main "tube" where the furled sail is, does anyone know what I'm drilling into?

Paul on SY Kerpa SM #259

Ian Park

It is a separate tube inside the front section of the mast. If you undo the inspection plate at the foot of the mast you should be able to see or feel the bottom of it. Mine was loose and knocking so I had to wedge it with closed cell foam.

Ian  'Ocean Hobo' SN96

Paul Osterberg

Thank you Ian, our condiute does not goes all the way down to the inspection hatch, but obviously i drilled a hole just where yo condiute are. So now I have one more hole than needed
Paul SYKerpa SM#259

Ian Park

Paul
I guess that is why mine is banging inside the mast.It must have come detached and dropped into view!
Hopefully someone may have more knowledge of its installation.
Best wishes

Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96