[Amel Yacht Owners] Water Tank Overflow

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Kent,

I suspect the top of the floating gauge. I have had water bubble out of there when I accidently overfill. On BeBe, 387, it will accumlate in the bilge below the companionway steps.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Oct 1, 2016 3:41 PM, "karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,
The last two times I've filled my fresh water tanks, just sitting at the dock, I've gotten water in the salon bilge. I didn't fill over 925 L the last time. There's no apparent water coming out of the port at the top of the center tank. Does anyone know where this is escaping from the tanks?
Thanks in advance.
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently Curacao

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

Kent,
Same thing happened to me as Bill described.  I overfilled tank and it ended up below companionway steps

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Oct 1, 2016, at 5:35 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

karkauai

I looked there, Bill.  No evidence of water coming out there.  Thing is, I've always filled it to just below 1000L with no oroblems until now.  At 1000L on the gauge, there was still a couple of inches of air at the top of the middle tank.
The float still moves freely, but I wonder if it's lost bouyancy somehow?
Most likely suspect is, as Joel (my hero and mentor) suggested, one of the inspection hatches.  I'll investigate further tomorrow.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

Kent Robertson