Topics

2002 SM2K for sale, EU-VAT paid, 215.000 EUR

niels.hauerslev@...

Hi Bill, yes it is my SM2K.
We are selling due to a private situation in the family.
Our AMEL is a great vessel, for the price. We have replaced (not yet installed - to be delivered next month) all interior upholstery (including the foam), for bright cream alcantara.
Mechanically she is ready to go "Mediterranean or Caribbean sailing", and with some additional maintenance she would be ready for a circumnavigation. She just sailed on her own keel back from Martinique in 2015.
The low price reflects that she has "above average" engine hours 5150 (compression is good, no smoking, new turbo and injectors last year). I believe another 5000 hours lifespan is be possible, with normal care and periodic maintenance, impeller, filters, oil changes etc. She has spent a lot of hours running with the diesel engine, during the 4x Atlantic crossings she has seen, which I hear is a kind and good life for a diesel. But it sure adds up the hours :)
Also the rigging is 14 years old, and even if she did not put many miles on the canvas, I would expect to replace the forestay as a precaution, and possibly replace the full rigging if going for a full circumnavigation.
The boat has been lived aboard by 2 people for 6 months at a time, in the Caribbean, since she was new, hence I found the need to replace all upholstery, as it was quite worn when we got her.
With all new upholstery, I think the interior is very nice and well maintained, varnish, woodwork etc is looking great.
If contacting me directly, there is a saving of 5.000 EUR on the brokers fee.
I am happy to answer all questions, and also I invite anyone interested to come see her here in Denmark - she is located 40 minutes from Copenhagen International Airport.
For a new owner, I would be happy to help sail the boat to a destination abroad.
I hope not to have offended the group, by posting the link to DeValk on this forum. If so, please accept my apologies.
25 knots and sunshine to all current and future AMEL owners.
Niels