[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Maramu cockpit canopy

James Alton

Alex,

I will be removing my dodger in the future to allow removal of the companionway slider.  It would be great to see your photos.  My email address is:  Lokiyawl2 at aol.com

Thanks,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Italy

On Nov 29, 2016, at 4:35 PM, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Graham, send me your email to alex.paquin@... and I can share some pictures of the surfaces and the dodger removed from the boat.

Alex Paquin
S/V Simpatico
Older Maramu 1981, hull #94

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Alex,

Please copy me when you send photos to James. My address: sonsev52 at gmail dot com.

On Nov 30, 2016 10:37 AM, "James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alex,

I will be removing my dodger in the future to allow removal of the companionway slider.  It would be great to see your photos.  My email address is:  Lokiyawl2 at aol.com

Thanks,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Italy

On Nov 29, 2016, at 4:35 PM, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello Graham, send me your email to alex.paquin@... and I can share some pictures of the surfaces and the dodger removed from the boat.

Alex Paquin
S/V Simpatico

Nat Bossett

I'd appreciate a cc as well. I've got a small crack I'm sealing but it
would be nice to know what the joint and structure look like.

-Nathan

Maramu #29

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 05:06:36PM -0500, Vladimir Sonsev sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:
Alex,

Please copy me when you send photos to James. My address: sonsev52 at gmail
dot com.

On Nov 30, 2016 10:37 AM, "James Alton lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alex,

I will be removing my dodger in the future to allow removal of the
companionway slider. It would be great to see your photos. My email
address is: Lokiyawl2 at aol.com

Thanks,

James Alton
SV Sueno, Maramu #220
Arbatax, Italy

On Nov 29, 2016, at 4:35 PM, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <
amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Graham, send me your email to alex.paquin@... and I can share
some pictures of the surfaces and the dodger removed from the boat.
Alex Paquin
S/V Simpatico

sailormon <kimberlite@...>

James,

Why are you removing the companionway slider?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:31 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Maramu cockpit canopy

Alex,

I will be removing my dodger in the future to allow removal of the companionway slider.  It would be great to see your photos.  My email address is:  Lokiyawl2 at aol.com

Thanks,

James Alton

SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

Arbatax,  Italy

On Nov 29, 2016, at 4:35 PM, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alex Paquin

S/V Simpatico

James Alton

Eric,

The exterior teak veneer has delaminated and I want to replace or reface the panel.   I would also like to improve the exterior seal during this project.  

Best,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Italy

On Dec 1, 2016, at 3:46 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

James,

Why are you removing the companionway slider?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:31 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Maramu cockpit canopy

Craig Briggs

James,
You might consider replacing it with a lightly tinted plexiglass.  It was a tremendous improvement bringing light down below. If interested, send me a pm and I'll send some details.
Cheers,
Craig Briggs, SN#68 Sangaris

James Alton

Craig,

Yes, that would be a good way to bring more light down below for sure. Given our plans for Sueno,  I am currently more concerned however with the integrity/strength of the slider and was thinking of a painted high strength composite material in the event that I replace it.  I realize that the companionway on the Amel is quite protected but it is still a potentially very large hole low in the cockpit.  

Perhaps a removable upper panel for the slider could be fabricated if one wanted more light down below but could be removed and the slider raised fully when required.  

Best,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Arbatax,  Italy

On Dec 1, 2016, at 7:32 PM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

James,

You might consider replacing it with a lightly tinted plexiglass.  It was a tremendous improvement bringing light down below. If interested, send me a pm and I'll send some details.
Cheers,
Craig Briggs, SN#68 Sangaris

mkbiz@...

I made myself a two part plexi glas slider that will fit into the companionway when the original slider is in the down position. It is not lockable but gives light in the cabin.

So I have the wooden standard slider still in place to lock the boat. 

I also have another two part slider with stainless steel bars, which IS lockable, so I can lock the boat and still have good air ventilation.

Michael, SY Sioned, Maramu #148

Ian Park

That is what I have done. A square shape slots in on top of the slider, and then two new key ways put in lower down the slider track to lock the slider in a lower position. This new panel stores beside the steps by the water measure.
I only use this when on the boat as it does not lock like the wooden slider door. I prefer the wooden door locked when not on board so no-one can see inside..

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN 96

Juan GV <tortolacinco@...>

Hi Alex
I think I have the same problem with water in the union of the hull with the hardtop.
Can you send these photos? They will surely be a great help
Thanks
Juan

Juan Garcia
SV Tórtola - Mango # 56
Cartagena de Indias

2016-12-02 3:23 GMT-05:00 Ian Park parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

That is what I have done. A square shape slots in on top of the slider, and then two new key ways put in lower down the slider track to lock the slider in a lower position. This new panel stores beside the steps by the water measure.
I only use this when on the boat as it does not lock like the wooden slider door. I prefer the wooden door locked when not on board so no-one can see inside..

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN 96