[Amel Yacht Owners] Changing companionway veneer.

James Alton

Eric,

   Many thanks for sending the photos.  Not having to remove the hardtop will save me a lot of time.

Best,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220
Arbatax, Italy

On Dec 2, 2016, at 10:07 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

HI Alex and James.

I have just sent you photos of how to replace the veneer on the companionway without removing the dodger.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

James Alton  Lokiyawl2 at aol.com

SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

Arbatax,  Italy

On Dec 1, 2016, at 10:50 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

James,

You do not have to remove the sliding companionway or the hard dodger to replace the veneer.

If you send me your email I will send you photos of how I did mine.

Basically you remove the stop at the bottom of the companionway door . Then the door will slide all the way up to the dodger.

You can then use a router to remove the veneer and put new veneer on. Of course what is in the track cannot be changed, but you can’t see it.

Mine looks beautiful after 5 or 6 years.