Topics

Water Heater Hose Size on SM

karkauai

Hi All, and Happy Holidays!

I'm going to add a mixing valve to my 40L Quick Nautic Boiler B3 as described in earlier posts.  I used some reinforced vinyl tubing as a temporary fix and want to replace it with hi-temp hoses.  Does anyone know what size they are on the SM?  I'm thinking 7/8 or 1 inch ID, but don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Also, does anyone know the thread size on the input and output pipes on the Quick B3 Boiler?  I've asked Quick but haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks,
Kent
SM243
Kristy
I'm home for the holidays, Kristy's at Shelter Bay Marina in Panama.

Jim Anderson

Kent & the Group, I'm not aboard but recall that a standard U.S. size, 3/4", I think, fits perfectly for the black & yellow hoses. I used this when replacing the house fresh water pump and have had no leaks or issues.
For the Isotherm hot water heater, I ordered & received an IsoTherm brand mixing valve from a local chandlery some time ago but haven't yet installed it. At the time I didn't know this was a common part that I probably could've gotten at Home Depot or a plumbing supply house.
Jim
SM 384 Sirena Azul, Seattle

karkauai

Thanks Jim, do you remember where you got the new hose? Is it just standard heater hose?
Kent

Jim Anderson

Kent, For the potable/drinking water input & output to/from the water heater, I used potable water hose, available from West or Budget Marine. For the coolant going in & out I'd use heater hose from an auto parts supply store. - Jim