From: "sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners]"
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 12:56 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Dessalator pump not working

Hi again,

It seems that the problem is that for the 24v motor the solenoid has failed, and for the 220v motor the capacitor has failed. Its seems quite coincidental, andI can only speculate that the problem for both was caused by a blocked pre-filter. I wonder if anyone could confirm?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

ya_fohi

Tony,

Yes I am in touch with Martin and as you say he is very helpful. My 24v motor is running as I write this, but with the solenoid bypassed. I think I have now fixed the solenoid - it was not making contact inside, so will try it again once the engine room as cooled down. As for the 220v one I need a new starting capacitor which is proving to be difficult to find here in Grenada.

Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Mark & Debbie Mueller

Did you come up with the correct size capacitor for your watermaker?  I have a 160 liter per hour version and the capicator is painted obstructing the name plate.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mark Mueller
A54 - 68
Brass Ring
Ft. Lauderdale

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Mark

On our high pressure pump there are two capacitors.

  • One is black 180 microfarad -0-20%, 220VAC, 40-60HZ FACON 70906.1412
  • One is white 70 microfarad +/-5% AC400V B, AC 450V C, 40/085/21 50-60 Hz ICAR Ecofill R-06-49A.

Let me  know if I can be of any other help.

Respectfully;
Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099