[Amel Yacht Owners] Stern Bumper for SM2000

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

We recently replaced our bumper with one sourced from Amel. There was a 2 year wait for this part but finally we got one. Being an Amel original part it was a easy 20 mins job to replace. Cost was around 475 euro plus freight to Brisbane.

Colin & Lauren Streeter
Island Pearl II, Amel 53 #332
Brisbane, Australia

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 1:36 PM, songhui_ma@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello,

I have been sailing from the Med [2015 !] with a damaged bumper fixed with white duct tape. I would like to do better.

Who can provide a bumper now days?

Is there any workaround/ solution e.g., a platform or other ?

Thank you very much for your help
Dominique
S/V Viva
Opua, NZ
+64 21 086 50 233

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

greatketch@...

Colin & Lauren,

I guess we have you to thank for ordering one and getting the production gears slowly moving so an official Amel bumper was ready to ship overnight to us when we wanted it in December.

I have heard of one owner who had one made out of wood, in shape and paint to match the original.  Obviously not as "bounce-back" as the hard foam, but would still protect the hull and would look good--at least until it took its first good thump.  An advantage is that it is easy to change back to Amel original foam when you can get one.

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Rose Island, Bahamas