From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2017 3:34 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fridge for Santorin

Hi Santorin Owners,

did anyone exchange the fridge? We are looking for a replacement that should have a small freezer, like the original one. Our fridge runs now about 2/3 of the time or more and needs too much amps per day, so we think we will replace it by a new model, but it should fit without modifications at the nice mahagoni door...

we found the Waeco CRX110 would fit from the dimensions, has also a nice freezer, but the opening mechanism seems not to be compatible with the current system/door.

The Isotherm Cruise 130 would also fit but there is no real freezer inside, only for temporary use (info from the manual)

What models will fit, any recommendations / experiences?

thx,  herbert
SN120, KALI MERA, Dominica

Daryl P

Ric

Where have you placed the Engel 35?

Thanks

Sonya

Calypso II M47

---In amelyachtowners@..., <ric@...> wrote :

Hi,

I replaced my Frig. several years ago with a 2 drawer ac/dc vitrifrigo. It has a SS finish and fits with very little modification. The top drawer is a freezer and bottom refrigerator. You can adjust the temperature. Both drawers has a large capacity. My Santorin did not have a separate freezer, so it is a major improvement. I have also added an Engel 35 for additional freezer space

Ric

Bali Hai SN24

Annapolis

did anyone exchange the fridge? We are looking for a replacement that should have a small freezer, like the original one. Our fridge runs now about 2/3 of the time or more and needs too much amps per day, so we think we will replace it by a new model, but it should fit without modifications at the nice mahagoni door...

we found the Waeco CRX110 would fit from the dimensions, has also a nice freezer, but the opening mechanism seems not to be compatible with the current system/door.

The Isotherm Cruise 130 would also fit but there is no real freezer inside, only for temporary use (info from the manual)

What models will fit, any recommendations / experiences?

thx,  herbert
SN120, KALI MERA, Dominica

Ric Gottschalk <ric@...>

I have placed it in 2 locations. The first was under the salon seat next to the forward head wall. There I took out the macerator. It worked out very well as a freezer.  The other location is in the cockpit locker. There I use it for cold drinks. I also had a large Engel 50 cooler on the cockpit floor for cold drinks. Cold beverages, easily available for the captain and  3 crew, keep the contents in the 2 drawer frig cold. Now I use  to small Engel  for drinks, but can use it as a freezer. I found the freezer in the 2 drawer unit meets my needs.

Cheers,

Ric

Bali Hai SN24

Annapolis