Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] RE: Admiral Bill


Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

I am really shocked. I thought that my "The-Amel-way-is-the-only-way" attitude had already pissed all of you off!

Maybe I have not been forceful enough.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail


On Jan 16, 2017 8:15 PM, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

When I see a post from Bill Rouse, I never question if it is correct or not. I take it as fact.

 

When we purchased Cream Puff, Bill sent me a DVD with all his maintenance files and manuals. It is still my first go to source when I have a question or need to understand something better. I can honestly say, Bill was one of reasons we purchased an Amel. He was so passionate on the forum (we joined prior to our purchases) that it made me question many of the things we found in other boats. He certainly made Joel's job a little easier. I have slowly found out he was right and there was good reason for his passion. I have emailed Bill several times outside the forum and he has always taken time to respond. I wish I could download his brain (just the Amel stuff) and have it for the rest of our cruising days. Bill contributions to this group are priceless.

 

Selfishly, I hope Bill doesn't leave us cold turkey. This forum will never be quite the same without him.

 

Bill, thank you, thank you, thank you.

 

With best regards,

 

Mark

 

Skipper

Sailing Yacht: Cream Puff and Bill's biggest fan

 

SM2K #275 - Currently cruising: Key West, FL - Still waiting for the wind to change direction

 

 

www.creampuff.us

___


James Alton
 

Bill,

   You have been a great help to me and IMO ( and clearly many others feel the same way) have made a huge contribution to the board…of course you will be missed!  I hope that you will decide to drop in to give us a little more "attitude" from time to time.  Best of luck in your retirement or whatever else you will be doing.

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

On Jan 16, 2017, at 7:56 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:


I am really shocked. I thought that my "The-Amel-way-is-the-only-way" attitude had already pissed all of you off!

Maybe I have not been forceful enough. 

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail


On Jan 16, 2017 8:15 PM, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

When I see a post from Bill Rouse, I never question if it is correct or not. I take it as fact.

 

When we purchased Cream Puff, Bill sent me a DVD with all his maintenance files and manuals. It is still my first go to source when I have a question or need to understand something better. I can honestly say, Bill was one of reasons we purchased an Amel. He was so passionate on the forum (we joined prior to our purchases) that it made me question many of the things we found in other boats. He certainly made Joel's job a little easier. I have slowly found out he was right and there was good reason for his passion. I have emailed Bill several times outside the forum and he has always taken time to respond. I wish I could download his brain (just the Amel stuff) and have it for the rest of our cruising days. Bill contributions to this group are priceless.

 

Selfishly, I hope Bill doesn't leave us cold turkey. This forum will never be quite the same without him.

 

Bill, thank you, thank you, thank you.

 

With best regards,

 

Mark

 

Skipper

Sailing Yacht: Cream Puff and Bill's biggest fan

 

SM2K #275 - Currently cruising: Key West, FL - Still waiting for the wind to change direction

 

 

www.creampuff.us

___





JOHN HAYES
 

As a newbie Bill I have followed and saved in an Amel folder all of the emails I’ve seen you send for future reference. Your encyclopaedic knowledge of AMEL boats is far too great to allow you to simply sail off over the horizon. It would be brilliant for all of us if you felt able to stay engaged with the group as you move to another phase of your life. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with us all. With our very best wishes to you and Judy for whatever the future holds.
John & Helen Hayes Nga Waka Wellington NZ
From: <amelyachtowners@...> on behalf of "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Reply-To: <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Tuesday, 17 January 2017 at 1:56 PM
To: <amelyachtowners@...>
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] RE: Admiral Bill

 

I am really shocked. I thought that my "The-Amel-way-is-the-only-way" attitude had already pissed all of you off!

Maybe I have not been forceful enough.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail


On Jan 16, 2017 8:15 PM, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

When I see a post from Bill Rouse, I never question if it is correct or not. I take it as fact.

 

When we purchased Cream Puff, Bill sent me a DVD with all his maintenance files and manuals. It is still my first go to source when I have a question or need to understand something better. I can honestly say, Bill was one of reasons we purchased an Amel. He was so passionate on the forum (we joined prior to our purchases) that it made me question many of the things we found in other boats. He certainly made Joel's job a little easier. I have slowly found out he was right and there was good reason for his passion. I have emailed Bill several times outside the forum and he has always taken time to respond. I wish I could download his brain (just the Amel stuff) and have it for the rest of our cruising days. Bill contributions to this group are priceless.

 

Selfishly, I hope Bill doesn't leave us cold turkey. This forum will never be quite the same without him.

 

Bill, thank you, thank you, thank you.

 

With best regards,

 

Mark

 

Skipper

Sailing Yacht: Cream Puff and Bill's biggest fan

 

SM2K #275 - Currently cruising: Key West, FL - Still waiting for the wind to change direction

 

 

www.creampuff.us

___


pepinoamel <no_reply@...>
 

I have owned my SM now for over 4 years and without the help and guidance from Bill I would often have been lost.  He has saved me a lot of money and time and it's incredible how reliable he is in answering queries on the forum within a very short time.  Another aspect I find very important is that Bill always manages to keep the tone of the forum on an even keel and people who obviously don't want to stick to a civilized tone and pleasant camaraderie, are very soon weeded out.


I very much support Joel's idea of asking Bill to stay on as editor, if his time allows.  I believe all the Amel owners would benefit greatly from Bill's further involvement.  I know I would.


Many thanks to Bill and all the best to you and Judy.


Gerhard

SM 381 Pepino

Evia, Greece


Colin - ex SV Island Pearl
 

Here here Bill & Judy! 

Again, Congratulations  and thank you for the huge value you have added to make this forum what is has become, and to the Amel brand we all love so much. You can see from all the many messages that we are keen to see you remain a member of this forum if that were at all possible from your end. Please don't drop out on us, but by the same token we hope you both enjoy the next chapter to the fullest too.

Kind regards

Colin & Lauren Streeter
Island Pearl II, Amel 53 #332
(On the hard at Boatworks, Gold Coast for annual anti-foul, prop & bowthruster service.)

On 18 Jan 2017, at 7:13 PM, pepinoamel <no_reply@...> wrote:

 

I have owned my SM now for over 4 years and without the help and guidance from Bill I would often have been lost.  He has saved me a lot of money and time and it's incredible how reliable he is in answering queries on the forum within a very short time.  Another aspect I find very important is that Bill always manages to keep the tone of the forum on an even keel and people who obviously don't want to stick to a civilized tone and pleasant camaraderie, are very soon weeded out.


I very much support Joel's idea of asking Bill to stay on as editor, if his time allows.  I believe all the Amel owners would benefit greatly from Bill's further involvement.  I know I would.


Many thanks to Bill and all the best to you and Judy.


Gerhard

SM 381 Pepino

Evia, Greece


Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347
 

Thanks  Bill.  You've saved me many hours of troubleshooting as well as dollars when sourcing parts. I keep the "BeBe" file along with my owners' manual in a prominent place.  You're encyclopedic knowledge and  diagnostic skills will be greatly missed.  I too hope you will stay involved with the owners group.  

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Jan 18, 2017, at 6:16 AM, 'Colin.d.streeter' colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Here here Bill & Judy! 

Again, Congratulations  and thank you for the huge value you have added to make this forum what is has become, and to the Amel brand we all love so much. You can see from all the many messages that we are keen to see you remain a member of this forum if that were at all possible from your end. Please don't drop out on us, but by the same token we hope you both enjoy the next chapter to the fullest too.

Kind regards

Colin & Lauren Streeter
Island Pearl II, Amel 53 #332
(On the hard at Boatworks, Gold Coast for annual anti-foul, prop & bowthruster service.)

On 18 Jan 2017, at 7:13 PM, pepinoamel <no_reply@...> wrote:

 

I have owned my SM now for over 4 years and without the help and guidance from Bill I would often have been lost.  He has saved me a lot of money and time and it's incredible how reliable he is in answering queries on the forum within a very short time.  Another aspect I find very important is that Bill always manages to keep the tone of the forum on an even keel and people who obviously don't want to stick to a civilized tone and pleasant camaraderie, are very soon weeded out.


I very much support Joel's idea of asking Bill to stay on as editor, if his time allows.  I believe all the Amel owners would benefit greatly from Bill's further involvement.  I know I would.


Many thanks to Bill and all the best to you and Judy.


Gerhard

SM 381 Pepino

Evia, Greece