[Amel Yacht Owners] Proud new SM owners:

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Welcome Dan and Lori

Great to hear it all went well and that you are planning to be active in this group. You would certainly have a wonderful boat having purchased Bill & Judy. Wishing you both many happy years of sailing on SV BeBe.

Colin & Lauren Streeter
Island Pearl II, Amel 53 #332
Brisbane

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:00 AM, dancarlson367@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all, it's been a month now since we moved aboard, so we are overdue to check in. We are Dan and Lori Carlson, the proud new owners of SM387, sv BeBe. I can't say enough good about the whole buying process. We spent 4 days with Bill and Judy in Trinidad in July when we agreed on the purchase. In January we joined them again in the USVI for 16 days to close on the sale and learn all we could about the boat and how to live comfortably aboard. They were an amazing resource for us to get an accelerated start on cruising; Bill for all things technical, going through all of the routine service tasks as well as the sustantial stock of spares for most things that can go wrong and Judy's instruction and tips for how to keep the boat comfortable and all of the great places to go. The boat was in pristine condition and all systems ready to go.
We are looking forward to slowly working our way south and east over the next 5 months before taking a break for the summer.
And yes, the Amel Owners group was a strong selling point for the boat. And yes, I have already started on some boat maintenance chores and hope to share more on this forum in the future.

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

eric freedman

Welcome aboard,

If you happen to be in St Maarten this winter or Long Island this summer , please drop me a note.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

[...]

Porter McRoberts <portermcroberts@...>

Eric. Plan is to sail up to ny this summer. Likely August. Will be in contact!

[...]

HI,

There are slips and moorings available at my club, the Huntington yacht club. About 35 miles from Manhattan, a one hour train ride.

Hope to see you.

[...]

Outstanding!  And very appreciated!
Thank you Eric I'll be in touch as things shape up.
Would be cool to have an amel regatta us east coast!
Porter

[...]

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Porter,

On my SM, I installed a hydraulic AP on the rudder bellcrank.  I placed the pump in the engine bay on the aft bulkhead and it is barely audible in the aft cabin.

Crossed the ATL with only the hyd selected.  Good kit.  I carry a spare for every electronic NAV component on the boat…

Jean-Pierre Germain,
Eleuthera SM007
Now in Jolly Harbour Antigua.

On 15 Feb 2017, at 08:42, Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
era, SM 007

[...]

That's a great idea. Thanks Jean Pierre!

[...]

There are a few Amels around Long Island, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

Hope to see you soon.