[Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Head Leak

Eric Freedman

Hi,

Are you talking about the locker on the port side of the deck?

Mine is outboard of the port cockpit locker. Or are you speaking about the locker in the cockpit to port of the mizzen mast?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 1:52 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Head Leak

There is a storage space in the deck just outside the aft head.  I noticed I had water in it, and found that the leak occurs when using the shower head if water hits the aft door jamb.  At this location there doesn't appear to be any seal.  

I plan to just add some silicone sealant there, but wondered if anyone else had noticed this?  Is there a better way to fix it?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Eric,

I too was confused by the word "deck."

I am sure that he is talking about the space under the floor outside the aft head on a SM.

Bill
X-BeBe
Currently Galveston

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi,

Mine is outboard of the port cockpit locker. Or are you speaking about the locker in the cockpit to port of the mizzen mast?

Fair Winds

Eric

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

There is a storage space in the deck just outside the aft head.  I noticed I had water in it, and found that the leak occurs when using the shower head if water hits the aft door jamb.  At this location there doesn't appear to be any seal.  

I plan to just add some silicone sealant there, but wondered if anyone else had noticed this?  Is there a better way to fix it?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477

Eric Freedman

Hi Bill,

After reviewing his text I realized it was in the cabin sole.

How do you feel after leaving BeBe, I would be sad to leave Kimberlite.

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Head Leak

Eric,

I am sure that he is talking about the space under the floor outside the aft head on a SM.

Bill

X-BeBe

Currently Galveston

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi,

Fair Winds

Eric

There is a storage space in the deck just outside the aft head.  I noticed I had water in it, and found that the leak occurs when using the shower head if water hits the aft door jamb.  At this location there doesn't appear to be any seal.  

I plan to just add some silicone sealant there, but wondered if anyone else had noticed this?  Is there a better way to fix it?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477

Eric,

It is definitely different. I told Judy a few minutes ago that I was not going to run the generator today. I was joking.

I am working on a plan to keep me involved with Amel Yachts which will enable me to share my experience with others. When I have it finalized, i will share it with you.

If allowed, I plan to stay very active in the Amel Owners Group.

Best,

Bill
X-BeBe
Currently Galveston

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 5:11 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Fair Winds

Eric

Eric,

Bill

X-BeBe

Currently Galveston

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi,

Fair Winds

Eric

I plan to just add some si licone sealant there, but wondered if anyone else had noticed this?  Is there a better way to fix it?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477

Stephen MORRISON <steve_morrison@...>

I like the sound of that Bill. I hope that your plan works out. 

All the best,
Steve Morrison
SM 380 TouRai
Brunswick, GA

On Feb 13, 2017, at 6:55 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric,

It is definitely different. I told Judy a few minutes ago that I was not going to run the generator today. I was joking.

I am working on a plan to keep me involved with Amel Yachts which will enable me to share my experience with others. When I have it finalized, i will share it with you.

Best,

Bill
X-BeBe
Currently Galveston

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 5:11 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Fair Winds

Eric

Eric,

Bill

X-BeBe

Currently Galveston

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi,

Fair Winds

Eric

I plan to just add some si licone sealant there, but wondered if anyone else had noticed this?  Is there a better way to fix it?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477

Porter McRoberts <portermcroberts@...>

Same here!

On Feb 13, 2017, at 7:00 PM, Stephen MORRISON steve_morrison@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I like the sound of that Bill. I hope that your plan works out. 

All the best,
Steve Morrison
SM 380 TouRai
Brunswick, GA

On Feb 13, 2017, at 6:55 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric,

Best,

Bill
X-BeBe
Currently Galveston

Hi Bill,

Fair Winds

Eric

Eric,

Bill

X-BeBe

Currently Galveston

Hi,

Fair Winds

Eric

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477

Mark Erdos

I vote you should be allowed!

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currenlty cruising – Warderick Wells – Exumas Islands, Bahamas

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 6:55 PM

Eric,

Best,

Bill

X-BeBe

Currently Galveston

Hi Bill,

Fair Winds

Eric

Eric,

Bill

X-BeBe

Currently Galveston

Hi,

Fair Winds

Eric

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477

Duane Siegfri

I guess I should have said cabin sole rather than deck. But you interpreted correctly, it was a leak basically in the shower pan adjacent to the doorjamb in the aft head. I appreciate the replies, silicone applied!

thanks,
Duane

Duane Siegfri

Bill,

it would be great to have you continue on with the owners group! I'm looking forward to it.

Best regards,
Duane

Duane & all,

I think that this shower water leak is a common issue at the aft shower on a Super Maramu. One of the additional things I did was add another piece of Velcro below the level of the water valve because the shower curtain has a tendency to slightly open at the bottom which allows water to get to places that are not designed to be waterproof.

Anyway, if you have a Super Maramu this 10 cent addition is something to consider.

Bill
X-BeBe
Currently Galveston

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 6:34 AM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I guess I should have said cabin sole rather than deck. But you interpreted correctly, it was a leak basically in the shower pan adjacent to the doorjamb in the aft head. I appreciate the replies, silicone applied!

thanks,
Duane