[Amel Yacht Owners] Port and Door Holders...

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

They were not made by Goiot. I ordered 12 of them from Amel about 4 years ago.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Galveston Island
Sent using Google Fi
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 25, 2017 19:45, "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

On older SM's the portlights and some of the cabin doors were held open with black rubber "mushrooms".  After 20 years ours are starting to degrade.  I have never seen them available from Goiot (the original manufacturer) and Maude says Amel has none left in stock.

Anybody else already solve this problem and care to share?  I have a couple ideas of varying degrees of elegance but haven't finalized my thoughts yet...

Bill Kinney

SM#160 Harmonie

Ponce, PR

greatketch@...

Any idea who did make them?  Since La Rochelle doesn't have them anymore...

Stephen Davis

Bill R is not wrong very often, but he is wrong about this. This is from the Rig Rite web page, and again, I purchased some of these recently from them:

Rubber Hold-open Knob w/ washer: Goi PT-KR:
Rubber Hold-open Knob is mounted on Cabin wall or ceiling and used to hold Ports open. Unit is 38mm OD x 20mm high and is mounted with (1) 5mm screw. Rubber base washer (34mm OD) is included. Used with Round and Larger Goiot Tradition Ports.

 http://www.rigrite.com/Hardware/Hatch_&_Port/Goiot_Port_Parts.php#Tradition%20Port%20Parts

Steve Davis

Aloha SM72

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 8:18 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Any idea who did make them?  Since La Rochelle doesn't have them anymore...

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Why am I wrong Steve?

I said that I bought some from Amel...AND, I bought some from Amel some years ago when I was placing a routine order for wear bushing parts. I think I bought 12 of them from Amel for about 5 euro.

I also said the Goiot did not make them. Before I ordered them from Amel I sent a photo to the USA distributor of Goiot. They told me that they did not make them.

I think that I am wrong and/or mistaken at times, but I cannot understand how I am wrong with what I said in this thread.

Am I right?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Galveston Island
Sent using Google Fi
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 8:18 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

Any idea who did make them?  Since La Rochelle doesn't have them anymore...

Stephen Davis

Bill,

I purchased mine from the USA Goiot distributor, and they have a Goiot part number. It seems to me, they are made by Goiot, and you stated they were not made by Goiot.

At any rate, my only point is that they are available from Goiot should any Amel owner need some. Hope all is going well with you and Judy.

Steve

On Mar 26, 2017, at 22:20, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Patrick McAneny

Just checked with Rig Rite , prices seem a bit crazy, gasket $8 /ft. , hold open mushroom knobs $29. each , set of 4 plastic washers per hatch  to provide friction to hold open hatches $35 per set of 4 . I will try to source gasket materials elsewhere and rotate my mushroom knobs.
Pat SM#123

[...]

Hi Pat,

I forgot to mention that rig rite seems to think this stuff is made of gold. Budget Marine in the Caribbean and Caribe Marine in Martinique have Goiot gaskets and parts for a lot less money if you are headed this way next season

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
St Maarten