Yamaha outboard in SM Stern locker

greatketch@...

While we are in the Caribbean we will be looking at replacing/upgrading our venerable 8HP 2-stroke Yamaha dinghy engine.  We love her to death, but she is getting a bit long in the tooth.

There are two different lines of 2-stroke engines available from Yamaha, the "Leisure" model, and the "Enduro".  The obvious external difference is that the "Leisure" model has the shift lever forward on the tiller arm.

Does anybody know if either (or both!) of these engines in the 9.9HP size fit into the Super Maramu stern locker?

Bill Kinney

SM160 Harmonie

Culebra, PR