Washing machine replacement on AMEL54

Alex Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...>

Dear Amelians,
The washing machine on my AMEL54 needs to be replaced. The Bosch model used on my boat, doesn't exist anymore and I couldn't find a new machine with the exact same dimensions. Are there brands / models out there that you recommend?
Fair winds,
Alex Ramseyer
SY NOSTRESS
currently @ Martinique

Stephanie DiBelardino <stephiedib@...>

I do not know the dimensions of the washing machine used on the 54, but we just bought a  washing machine for our 53 --NOT a washer dryer, just a washing machine, but one with high revolutions. I prefer something simple, rather than complex!

 In Italy, where we live part of the year, we had no trouble finding a compact washer in prices ranging from Euro 450 to 1400.  We bought an Electrolux since we have a washing machine and dishwasher made by them in our home, and are very satisfied with the performance of both appliances -- AND we know that parts are readily available throughout Italy.  The downside was the cost of shipping from Italy to Florida.  I tried finding, on-line,  similar machines in the UK and France, thinking that freight would be less expensive.  But I was surprised that I could not find a washer that fit our 53 in either of those areas.

Stephanie Martino DiBelardino

Stephanie DiBelardino <stephiedib@...>

We bought our replacement washing machine for our SM353   from unieuro.it -- perhaps they have locations in other European countries.  Since we bought a closeout (not a floor model) from a location that was re-branding from "Euronics" to Unieuro, it may be an older model.  The closest current model would be Electrolux RWT1264ELW.  If you want to search an Italian website for a washing machine, search for "lavatrice" (washing machine) and "caricamento dall' alto" (loading from the top).  The load is usually 6 or 7 kgs, and the energy efficiency runs from A to A+++.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help

Stephanie DiBelardino
Currently in Nettuo, Rome, Italy

Stephanie Martino DiBelardino