[Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

I wouldn’t do without a printer onboard, mostly because of my job. 😊

I have had a HP Laser worked perfect until there where no drivers for it anymore … Changed to a compact printer/scanner/copy/fax  HP ink jet in 2014 it still works like a charm. The only drawback with an inkjet is that if the printed paper get damp the text will float out.

We did have problem to find a suitable place for the printer so we rebuilt the foul weather wardrobe next to the navigation table to a drawer with enough place in the top drawer for a printer.

Regards

Ann-Sofie

S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 6:40 AM

Dear Amelians,
Contemplating getting a
printer onboard...
From experience:- would you say that is something useful
--
GARULFOAmel 54 #122
Cap

ldesalvo207 Desalvo

Soraya

We have had the same printer on board for the last 8 years.  It has been and is very reliable. Extremely useful for sharing info with other boaters and for printing out info and notes when needed.  Our printer is a HP Photosmart C7200 series it is a bit big for a boat.  We removed the dishwasher and located it under the starboard side sink in our Super Maramu. We also have installed shelves above the printer for dishtowel storage.

Jim, SM #207

Currently for sale in Long Beach Ca

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 6:40 AM

Dear Amelians,
Contemplating getting a
printer onboard...
From
experience:- would you say that is something useful
to have onboard?- Any suggestions or recommendations
of models both compact and resistant to usage on
boat?
Thanks for your
inputFair winds,Soraya
--
GARULFOAmel 54 #122
Cap
d'Agde, France

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello Soraya;

We have the HP ML150 portable printer on board. It is pretty small, battery operated (rechargeable), light and can print at decent speeds and blue tooth. We typically just take it out, print a few pages and put it back. No wired connections needed. Every once in a while we have to plug in to charge. Very convenient and useful. We just put it the front port side cabin locker out of the way.

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 # 099

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com