[Amel Yacht Owners] Dessalator water maker and B & G STW sensor

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

I suspect that your 24VDC alternator is creating serious RFI (radio frequency interference). RFI will effect electronic circuits and devices, sometimes in strange ways.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On May 30, 2017 8:52 AM, "robin6658@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The Dessalator water maker switches from green to yellow when I start the engine and the rpm's go above 1000. The water quality is still measureable good (around 200 ppm) and the charging current is never higher than 28,8 V

Very often ( but not always) the B and G speed sensor attached to my Hydra 2000 does the same.

Anybody experienced something similar? Any deas what it could be?

Robin

ASM #56

GrosDoux presently around Olbia/Sardinia/Italy

robin hutter

Thanks Bill - it seems to be the source of my problem, we run the engine without the alternator and the water maker worked perfectly.
Anybody an idea why this happens and how it can be cured? We still have the original alternator ...
fair winds
Robin
ASM GrosDoux #56, built in 1991
presently around Olbia