Water pump for Climma A/C

mfmcgovern@...

Steve,

I'll second Gary Silver's comment on checking the capacitor.  We went through two capacitors on that pump in two days during our survey.  Each time the capacitor melted upon a hot start (AC running for a long time then turned off and re-started within 60 seconds while the pump was still hot).  We don't really know if we have identified or solved the root cause of the problem just yet.  We had the Calpeda pump replaced as it was under warranty.  We will be back on the boat next Saturday, July 1st and will report back if we have further information.

Mark McGovern

SM #440 Tobago Cays III (soon to be SV Cara)

Currently in Le Marin, Martinique (soon to be Herrington Harbor North, Deale, MD)